Landlording On Auto-Pilot - Posted by LK

Posted by Charles Parrish on September 25, 2006 at 19:18:33:

I know Mike and I agree with Mr. Krulac, he is an honest person. He has spoken at our REIC in Baltimore.

He is very approachable. For 20.00 bucks, you can’t go wrong.

Charles Parrish

Landlording On Auto-Pilot - Posted by LK

Posted by LK on September 24, 2006 at 21:27:31:

Any reviews on this new book by Mike Butler?

Re: Landlording On Auto-Pilot - Posted by Mike-OH

Posted by Mike-OH on September 26, 2006 at 07:56:24:

I have also heard Mike Butler speak, but I haven’t read his book yet. What I can tell you for a fact is that there is no “Landlording On Auto-Pilot”. Landlording is a dirty, ugly business especially in the low-income arena. These gurus invent these catchy titles and phrases to sell products to newbies. Reminds me of the phrase “the less I do, the more I make” which is total nonsense from another guru.

Mike

Re: Landlording On Auto-Pilot - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on September 25, 2006 at 06:35:12:

I am about 1/2 way through the book. I’ve met Mike Butler, several times and find him a straight up guy, down to earth and easy to talk to. I agree with most of what he writes, there are some error on the tax stuff, which is not really his expertise. This theme is on the managing aspect of rentals, doing that efficiently and maximizing your rental income. He pushes getting quality tenants, who stay for a long time. He follows John Schaub and Jay DeCima. The book lists for $19.95, I think, and is worth buying, if you plan on having rentals. I would also highly recommend the book LANDORDING by Leigh Robinson.

Re: Landlording On Auto-Pilot - Posted by LK

Posted by LK on September 26, 2006 at 14:26:25:

Thanks for the comments but I did not take the “catchy” title literally. Of course the title is chosen to help sell books but I don?t think it was meant to imply that you can totally take all the work out of landlording, just make it easier. If the book has just a few good ideas and is entertaining reading then it is worth it.