Lady needs help - Posted by Pete

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler on December 17, 2003 at 18:23:32:

Probably local use would be best but the selling price sounds nearly 10 times too high, assuming they are older mobiles. Such units are generally relocated to other parks or moved to private land, if possible. It all depends on their age and condition and local needs.

Regards, doc

Lady needs help - Posted by Pete

Posted by Pete on December 17, 2003 at 18:07:17:

The park where she has two homes is closing down mid february. She has them listed for 7900 obo per mobile home. I spoke to her and she is very very flexible. The problem is the homes are 2 states away from me and I dont know a good company who relocates HM’s for a reasonable charge. I think I could buy them for 5K a piece but then what?

I was wondering what happens to mobile homes that are in a park that closes down? Where do they have to go? the closer we get to february the more she will come down in price I assume. Would anybody want to buy an out of state MH and relocated it?

Re: Lady needs help - Posted by Ray

Posted by Ray on December 20, 2003 at 18:02:14:

Before even attempting to move those homes to another state, find out if the state they would be going to will accept those homes. Different states have different wind zone factors (Florida being the worst) which can result in not being able to get a permit for the MH. Best bet would be for her to sell them to someone in that state. And after transport and set up cost , I dont think anyone would be willing to pay much for them. Unfortunetly they are just too expensive to relocate and then set up.