Kickin' it Old School: Mail Marketing - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Sailor on July 26, 2011 at 23:10:29:

I send magnetic calendars, so later on, when they decide I might be an option, all the seller has to do is go to the fridge to find my name & number. I don’t send many letters, as my farm area is very small, but those I send are hand-written on personal stationary. Folks do call me. However, my best technique is to show up on their doorstep knocking. An old lady looks pretty harmless, & if a foreclosure looms I bring chocolates. In person, as opposed to a letter, I can use my very best technique, listening. Even if I don’t get a deal I feel I’ve done something worthwhile. Kristine, you may cover too large an area for that, but I know it works in CA because I’ve used it there.

Tye
www.ShoeboxProject.org

Kickin’ it Old School: Mail Marketing - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on July 26, 2011 at 20:43:20:

I spent the last few days revising some of my mail marketing letters and sending out some small batches. In this seemingly REO and foreclosure sale RE market, is anyone out there still mail marketing direct to sellers?

I’ve gotten every one of my deals, with the exception of one agent-aided expired listing long ago, from direct mail or calls to the sellers or, when the seller is deceased, letters or calls to attorneys/heirs/administrators.

The reason I ask is that I’m looking for new ideas. Or reinforcement/updates for old ideas that still work. My response rate is good (10%, no kidding), but I’d love to improve my closing rate. My mailings are pretty targeted, so people who call usually have something they can’t easily sell…to anyone but me. :slight_smile:

I realize this isn’t what a lot of people are spending their money on these days, but it’s still working for me. I’d just like to infuse it with some new ideas. Any suggestions for books, other message boards, any secrets you feel like sharing.

Re: Kickin’ it Old School: Mail Marketing - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on July 28, 2011 at 15:11:27:

Your response rate is incredibly good, so I would not
change it. If your conversion rate is not good, then
you need to work on your script.

Remember, the goal of the call is to figure out whether
the seller is ripe enough to do a deal, and if so, make
a face to face appointment to try and close them. If
they are not ripe, then calendar them for a follow up.
Your goal is to try and catch them at the point where
they say to themselves, “That’s it, I’ve got to do
something right now to solve this problem”. If they
are not there yet, don’t try to push them, just follow
up several times to see where they are at in the
decision-making process.

Re: Kickin’ it Old School: Mail Marketing - Posted by brandon

Posted by brandon on July 27, 2011 at 08:03:16:

Im working an expired listing deal on a 4-plex that started with a letter to the seller. Hopefully I can buy it without a realtor involved. We’ll see where it goes.

Good Luck