just getting started - Posted by Kristine

Posted by SteveS(CPA) on January 27, 2003 at 23:41:40:

Kristine,

It looks like you’ve put the cart before the horse. I guess you already know you should have had this all line up and ready before you went out.

If I were you I would find a partner or someone who is willing to give you a little help to walk you through quick!

The first thing you need to do is lock up the property as soon as possible. Make sure you have some way out if you can’t complete the deal. There are a lot of good real estate contracts you can download off the internet but you’ll want a good attorney to look it over before you submit it.

What does “I have no money mean?” Does it mean you don’t have a hundred dollars for an earnest money contract or does it mean you don’t have money to buy the house? These are two different problems, but each can be answered if you use the ‘search’ feature on this site.

I think you should use an attorney just to be sure its done right, but there are money savers on here that may disagree with that. But being new I think you should use one.

That’s my advice.

Good luck.
Steven

just getting started - Posted by Kristine

Posted by Kristine on January 27, 2003 at 23:30:18:

I am just starting out. I have found a property with a motivated seller. This will be my first deal, and confused as to what to do next. I want to flip the property to another investor. I have been reading through several articles on this web site, and just have a few last minute questions. How can I buy a property with no money down, and what type of contract should be used? Do I need attorney at closing when flipping a property? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kristine