Judicial foreclosure - Posted by Larry

Posted by Bill H on January 18, 2008 at 19:47:26:

I would post this over on Ward’s Board…www.foreclosureforum.com/mb…I suspect you will get an answer there.

Good Luck,
Bill H

Judicial foreclosure - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on January 14, 2008 at 04:49:12:

I had to take someone to Civil court and won my case.
The person owes me $124,000.00 only cost me $75,000.00 in lawyer fees to get this far lol.
Now i am looking for an attorney in the Los Angeles area to conduct a Sheriff Sale and not charge me an arm and leg.
Now i know why the guy laughed when i said i was going to sue him as it seems the attorneys are the winners…
I hope to at least get something back.
Bill any connection would be helpful…

Re: Judicial foreclosure - Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy

Posted by Rick, the Probate Guy on January 19, 2008 at 08:15:18:

I hope that your debtor’s property is commercial, vacant land or anything other than residential, at least from the standpoint of the prove-up that will be required to demonstrate that you can sell the property for enough over and above the debt that a Sheriff’s sale is justified.

Travis at Judical Revenue is the hands down expert that I know of in this field, and the guy that Ward Hanigan usually refers his students to, as well. In addition to Bill H’s great suggestion about posting on foreclosureforum.com, try judicialrevenue.com for more information on collecting on a judgment in CA.

By the way, forcing a sale on judgment may not be the most practical way of getting your money. Consider ways other than pushing on the judgment lien on real property to move this along. How about buying the senior mortgage, or attaching other assets that might be a strong motivator (or irritant) to the debtor. You could do an asset search and attach the other assets, or do a debtor’s exam where he has to show up and reveal all of his assets to you and your attorney. THere are more ways to get you money than just levying on an asset.

Hope this helps