John Ulmer - Posted by BR

Posted by Will on October 13, 2001 at 24:31:18:

I have some of his material and attended a short seminar.
I actually met him 3 years ago when he was turning over 100 houses a year.
He simply dominated his market to the point that people remember his name and when they need to get a hold on him, all they have to do is drive around a couple of blocks and find his phone # posted somewhere.

John Ulmer - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on October 12, 2001 at 19:45:10:

Anyone have any of his material?

Re: John Ulmer - Posted by Ed Wissard

Posted by Ed Wissard on October 12, 2001 at 20:32:43:

If this is the same John Ulmer, he was or may still be a presenter for Ron LeGrand on how to sell houses quickly. He used to boast at seminars that he has never had a house over two weeks before he sold it. He was rather egotistical, but seem to have some good ideas. Where did you hear of him and what is he selling?

Re: John Ulmer - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on October 12, 2001 at 20:53:07:

Hi Ed,

Yes he does presentations at Ron’s Guerilla Marketing
boot camp I believe. He has a web site that is simply johnulmer.com and has some interesting twists on private lending…at least it’s interesting to me. I’ve been keeping an eye out for any discussions about him for awhile but have not heard much of him so I thought I’d ask.

Thanks for the reply,

BR

Re: John Ulmer - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on October 12, 2001 at 22:26:41:

BR,

I once received a tape from Ron LeGrand that was devoted to John Ulmer. Apparently he uses private lenders a lot and the most frequent objection that he encountered was, “what happens if you die”?

So he bought a lot of term life insurance (several million dollars worth), with a trust as the beneficiary. The trustee of this trust was a bank and they had instructions that upon his death and subsequent term life policy payout, they were to calculate the amount owed to each investor and simply pay them off . . . with the remainder to go to his family.

This would leave his family as the owners of 40 or 50 properties that were free and clear, and all his private investors paid off.

I guess it was a little more complicated than that, but you get the idea. Thought it was pretty slick, myself.

Brad

Re: John Ulmer - Posted by BR

Posted by BR on October 13, 2001 at 24:02:15:

Brad,

You have a good memory. Yes, that is precisely the way I understand it and I agree, that’s very slick. I can’t believe I can’t find anyone who has his material. I’d love to compare notes. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks,

BR