I've Learned So Much and Yet... - Posted by Tee

Posted by Joe Kaiser on September 08, 2006 at 20:27:04:

What do you know so far?

I’ve Learned So Much and Yet… - Posted by Tee

Posted by Tee on September 08, 2006 at 19:40:35:

I’ve learned so much, read so many books, and yet I am confused because I don’t know where to begin. I’ve gone to real estate group meetings, I’ve read lots on this site and others. Now what do I do? Where do I go get help? I can’t afford anymore seminars or personal coaches. HELP!

Re: I’ve Learned So Much and Yet… - Posted by dale averill(DARE)

Posted by dale averill(DARE) on September 12, 2006 at 07:49:19:

I have to second Joe Kaiser’s ?.Until someone knows what it is you have learned it’s hard to point you in the right direction,some of the other suggetions are good but could be premature depending on your skill-education-motivation-level.dale(DARE)

Re: I’ve Learned So Much and Yet… - Posted by ChrisX

Posted by ChrisX on September 12, 2006 at 24:09:06:

Hi Tee,

I would ask you to take the real estate section of your paper or a real estate magazine and make calls on 10 ads that indicate some motivation on the part of the seller. Doesn’t matter if the property is FSBO or listed with an agent. Just get as much information as you can about the property, its condition, the seller’s situation, the existing financing, and whether the seller has thought about helping to finance.

You’ll get a feel for which situations might be the best to put your time and effort into. When you have that information on several properties, you’ll want to look at comparable sales (agents will be glad to help you with them) to start seeing which ones are overpriced, which are asking market value, and which may be offered under value. If they’re all priced at market value, start looking at which sellers need to get it done.

Make another 10 calls and compare the results to those you have. Pick the ones that look most promising and drive by. You can make an appointment to see the inside if they pass your 10 mph drive-by test!

Make an offer that would work for you and for the seller, on that property, leaving contingencies for financing and/or inspections to protect yourself. And please let us know here what happens, cause it’s time to take action. You’re ready, and you can do this.

ChrisX

Re: I’ve Learned So Much and Yet… - Posted by LT

Posted by LT on September 09, 2006 at 11:14:45:

Where to begin? First learn your market. Pick a suitable area, get to know it like the back of your hand, stay on top of it and advertise, and when the right deal appears you will recognize it immediately.

Re: I’ve Learned So Much and Yet… - Posted by Christen

Posted by Christen on September 09, 2006 at 09:27:34:

pick something. Either your going to rehab, wholesale, hold for cash flow,etc. It depends on your area and aptitudes, and goals. I am a rehabber, I don’t know jack quat about sub 2, or wholesaling. Being well read and understanding terminology is great but being jack of all trades in this game isn’t all that great, know your niche backwards and forewards, in order to do that you need to pick one.