It finally happened.................. - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by JohnBoy on August 01, 2000 at 22:59:30:

If that is your wish, then maybe I can help??? Now all I’ll need is the name of your boss and company to get the ball rolling for you!!! LOL (((SMILE)))

It finally happened… - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on August 01, 2000 at 19:02:12:

I am officially unemployed.

Fortunately,I found this site about a year ago and have since created enough cash flow to cover my monthly expenses.

When word got out early last year that my company might be changing owners, I was worried to say the least. After all, I have supported myself since the age of 15 and for 22 of my 38 years have had both feet firmly planted in the “E” quadrant. What would I do without my job? What about my benefits? My insurance, vacation, retirement, etc?

By the time the company annual convention came around in April of this year, I had watched my net worth grow in one year to more than 10 times what I had accumulated in over 20 years of working for someone else. I was no longer worried, but I sat in a room full of people who were. They didnt know the “secret” to freedom that I did. I feel sorry for all of them today.

When I was told today that I would have no place to report for work tomorrow, the first thought on my mind was not “Oh my God!! What will I do?” it was “Great! I will have more time to find deals!” A year ago things would have been much different.

I want to thank all of the people who have taken the time over the past year to answer all of my questions. (Yes, the stupid newbie ones, too) It is because of you fine people who unselfishly share your time and knowledge that I am not worried about how I will take care for my family tomorrow. I would try to name all of you but I wouldn’t want to leave anyone out and there are so many. I am sure I will have many more questions as I continue my investing career.

Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to share with my RE family.

Have a great week!

WilliamGA

Re: It finally happened… - Posted by Scott (AK) displaced to Micronesia

Posted by Scott (AK) displaced to Micronesia on August 04, 2000 at 04:03:46:

William,

I know you will do well, you know what it takes and, in my opiniondid it the right way.

Keep up the good work and keep on keeping on…now is where you turn on the jets.

Good Luck

Scott Smith

GOOOooooo get’m TIGER!! - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on August 03, 2000 at 09:10:47:

I know you will do well, Bill. Good luck!

Susan

Re: It finally happened… - Posted by Christina-NV

Posted by Christina-NV on August 03, 2000 at 24:37:39:

Congratulations!!! I am inspired!

Good for you…Now go and do tons of deals(NT) - Posted by Tarun_md

Posted by Tarun_md on August 02, 2000 at 21:04:48:

Re: It finally happened… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on August 02, 2000 at 19:05:20:

That’s great for you … you should be real proud of yourself.

Best of luck!!
RL

Go William, Go William! - Posted by Monique

Posted by Monique on August 02, 2000 at 14:14:59:

William,

Way to go!!! It sure makes the heart go pitter, patter to hear your great news.

Jobless, doesn’t it feel wonderful ?!!

Congrats,
Monique

Yo Baby Yo… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on August 02, 2000 at 10:10:13:

Congrats… ain’t life great, you want freedom and it appears.

Tear it up.

David Alexander

ALL RIGHT!!! Hit the ground running My Friend (nt) - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on August 02, 2000 at 07:40:17:

Re: It finally happened… - Posted by Gary (San Diego)

Posted by Gary (San Diego) on August 02, 2000 at 01:43:35:

Congrats William. As a newbie at the CREOnline Convention, I sat next to you, your buddy and your wives on the first day. I was impressed then, and I’m more impressed now. Thanks for the great success story. It’s inspirational.

Gary (San Diego)

P.S. Closed my first deal three weeks ago by negotiating a $43k second TD for $3.5k and taking the $290k property subject to the first TD ($192k). Profit on sale after expenses? $40k!!! Not bad for my first. It helps to rub elbows with the winner. Keep flying high William and I’ll see you at the next convention.

Congrats and Continued Good Luck William! - Posted by tb

Posted by tb on August 01, 2000 at 23:21:26:

Hey William, welcome to the first day of the rest of your life!

Talking to people like you in the chat room over the past year has made me realize that you are only as successful as you think you are (not to mention many great deals on the side!) at this point in your life.

I`m right behind you buddy!

tb

Excellent !!!.. - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on August 01, 2000 at 22:19:49:

Excellent !!!

Its not about the money and the toys at all.

Its about being in control of your life and your destiny so that when the big boss decides that you are no longer needed you can have the attitude you have.
Its really worth it isn’t it ?
Congratulations and best of luck to all those out there in your situation and looking for a role model in order to make it happen.

“You Are Fired”- Those are 3 beautiful Words! - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on August 01, 2000 at 22:14:47:

William,
I’m proud of you Buddy. No one deserves it more then you. You have done all the right things and taken all of the right steps.

For the last year you have been sowing your seeds, and they are already bearing fruits.

I wish you the best.

Your Friend,

Steve

P.S. with all that new found freedom you will have to come to Baltimore more often.

Rock ‘n’ Roll, William! Congrats… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on August 01, 2000 at 22:05:24:

I’m envious. Darn, I wish I could get fired, so I wouldn’t have any excuses left. I know you’ll do well and I plan to be in the same position before long. Take care…

Re: It finally happened… - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on August 01, 2000 at 21:28:49:

The worst thing is getting up and not having to rush to work. It took my husband almost a month to adjust to not having to be somewhere. He said it feels odd still after only 2 months of being “out of a job”. Good luck and keep us informed !

Laure :wink:

Re: It finally happened… - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on August 01, 2000 at 20:36:56:

William:

Way to go!!! You did it the right way by building your cost of living cash flow first. How does it feel to step out of the E quadrant?

Pretty soon, your earned W-2 income will be so low the government will classify you as being in poverty. It should be a goal of every investor to build passive income streams and rely less on earned income.

Congratulations!

Re: It finally happened… - Posted by Mark R in KCMO

Posted by Mark R in KCMO on August 01, 2000 at 20:11:36:

Willian!!

I know that you will enjoy your new found freedom. You do have what it takes to be successful, I could tell that from talking to ya at the convention.

All I have to say is I feel sorry for anyone who might be even CLOSE to your area, cuz I know that in no time you’ll have it tied up… and they will indeed be convenced that you can do that here :slight_smile:

Congratulations!!

Mark R in KCMO

Congratulations… - Posted by Anthony - OH

Posted by Anthony - OH on August 01, 2000 at 19:52:01:

Did you have your limo pick you up at work? Talk about jaws dropping :wink: