Is this out of my league?? - Posted by Potsie

Posted by Potsie on March 30, 2001 at 14:30:35:

Wow…and I thought you were the ones annoyed. I am not annoyed so lets discuss Mobile homes…shall we?

Is this out of my league?? - Posted by Potsie

Posted by Potsie on March 29, 2001 at 11:40:50:

Hi, I ran a post on the net about buying, selling and financing MH’s as a test. I got a response from someone and have been emailing a few times back and forth. He says he is looking for something for around $42k Preferably DW. I told him my homes ussually sell for 10k and below with financing. He hasnt gotten back to me yet. I feel he is not the clientele I am looking for. Is that a correct assumption?

Re: Is this out of my league?? - Posted by k greene

Posted by k greene on March 29, 2001 at 21:29:52:

I realize that you are anxious to learn about the mobile home market, but I think you owe it to the people that are trying to help you to use your real name. Down the road you are going to come face to face with some of these people at a convention or realestate club. Lonnie is a real integrous guy and the mentor of many. Give him the courtesy and respect.

Yes (nt) - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on March 29, 2001 at 12:59:28:

Re: Is this out of my league?? - Posted by Potsie

Posted by Potsie on March 29, 2001 at 23:02:39:

My nickname is Potsie my last name is Webber, what is the problem?

Here’s the problem, Chachi - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on March 29, 2001 at 23:39:41:

The problem is you posted earlier under the name Ralph Malph, with one of your two email addresses sbee100@yahoo.com. Now I watched Happy Days as a kid as religiously as the next guy, (except when a good episode of Movin’ On came out), but I really don’t want to share mobile home investing info with a guy who picked two of the goofiest characters on TV as his alias, and then tried to bllsht us about it. If Potsie is really your nickname, you should have thrown a few more punches on the fourth grade playground to make sure that name didn’t stick.

Are you here to learn about mobile home investing, or are you just scr*wing around?

Karl Kleiner

Re: Here’s the problem, Chachi - Posted by Potsie

Posted by Potsie on March 30, 2001 at 08:23:56:

I am still wodering why I have to expose my name to you to learn about mobile homes, what exactly is the problem? If I call myself Joe Schmoe what is it to you? I mean really whats the big deal? Am I required to come to conventions and expose my name to everyone? Have you ever heard of remaining anonymous on the internet for whatever personal reason there might be? If you have a major problem just ignore my questions, dont keep hasling me about what my name is, I have better things to do.

The Irony is - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on March 30, 2001 at 09:43:07:

People are taking time out of their day to provide answers, based upon their experiences, to questions from other investors. They do so in the unselfish hope that these new investors can learn from their mistakes and not have to learn the hard way.

It is not so much the time spent writing the posts but rather the cost we have paid in many cases to obtain the experience. We freely share this information. If you were to cyber mentor someone, or even mentor them in person, would you not want them to receive the information in a mature, serious manner. I personally could not care what your real name is but at least provide some courtesy and use one aliases or email so as to be taken seriously.

Why would someone want to play such games, and then expect to be taken seriously? Why would that encourage others to post their hard earned experiences?

Rather than receive answers to your questions, you tend to receive responses having no, or little investing advice. Because the responders feel you are not taking them serious, they are not taking you so.

Ironically it is you who is missing out by such antics. Rather than learning about how to better your investment business, you are spending time defending your name. A waste of time for everyone in my opinion.

Best Wishes For Your Success,

Tony-VA

No problem, consider your questions ignored - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on March 30, 2001 at 09:36:58:

You’re right, you’re not required to be straight with us in order to learn about mobile homes. But it would help. Make up any believable name you want. (Ralph Malph wasn’t the best choice). Just pick one and stick to it, so it doesn’t appear that you’re clowning around.

If you’re seriously considering mobile home investing, best of luck to you. This is a great business that deserves to be taken seriously.

Karl Kleiner

Re: No problem, consider your questions ignored - Posted by Potsie

Posted by Potsie on March 30, 2001 at 11:36:00:

Let me say this one last time. I visit this sight whenever I want to pickup info on learning about Mobile Homes, I took the time to purchase Lonnies Book, I think I have posted questions here that have made somewhat sense in an effort to learn. Having said that I find it at my discretion and right to use any name that I see fit. I have no intention of meeting any of you personally, if I do I assure you you will learn my real name. As far as using this bullitin board I find it to be none of your business what my name is. And I really cant see why you think you must know my name. I will continue to post here using whatever name I see fit, its totally up to you to reply or not reply, its really not that of a big deal. Either way I will learn what I need to one way or the other. It also seems to me that you all who have a problem with my name seem to be the ones playing games. I mean dosnt it make more sense to simply except the fact that I have posted a question that everyone can see than to sit back and bicker of what my name is? It is actually quite stupid when you think about. I mean are you here to share MH info. Or maybe some of you are actually here simply to make friends…maybe so, but thats not my reason for being here. I am here strictly to obtain and share info, if I make friends along the way thats fine. Perhaps some of you feel insulted because of that, if so sorry about that but I am here just for what I can learn. All I can say is get over and keep the subject matter to mobile homes and not what my name should be. Now lets discuss Mobile homes because I dont want to hear nymore about names.

Mr. Webber, a piece of advice - Posted by Jacque - WA

Posted by Jacque - WA on March 30, 2001 at 12:49:06:

Dear Mr. Webber,

I think if you will calm down and think about it there are plenty of alternatives to being annoyed by the simple request of members on this board for ?honesty.? What have they really asked of you ? to choose one name (preferably not a television character that has long since been gone - this only lends an air of non-reality to yourself) and one email address instead of posting under numerous alias.

You can continue to choose to be annoyed, but why would you choose that? Or, you can choose to do something else, something more positive and productive. I think if you will sit back and think you will remember the old adage, ?You never bite the hand that feeds you? or ?Don?t burn your bridges??.

Don?t you think that the energy you spend on being annoyed by the board members simple request can be put too much better use in other, more productive pursuits. They have asked no less of you than they give of themselves. Besides, it’s not even pleasant to be annoyed, so why let yourself be?

I?ve read the responses on this thread and if you continue in an environment of dishonesty (multiple alias of fictional characters, multiple email?s, etc…) , very little can ever answered by the board members who have the knowledge, experience and commitment to help others and even you continue your education.

You?re at a turning point, Mr. Webber and once credibility has been lost, it might never be completely regained. A reputation, once tarnished, is exceedingly difficult to rebuild. Better to put your efforts into keeping that reputation strong, positive and growing rather than working to defend it from your own folly.

Jacque