Is this a deal? RE: large tract of land.... - Posted by Charity

Posted by BillW. on December 13, 2000 at 13:12:40:

Lock it up. Get a partner who knows some more about developing to help you. You may make some money, and the learning experience will be invalueable.
BilLW.

Is this a deal? RE: large tract of land… - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on December 13, 2000 at 10:26:38:

Had another call off my postcards (seems I have about a 4-5% rate of calls on 200 postcards!) Anyway, this man is 84 years old, lives out of state and has 189 acres free and clear. The area it is in will be a growth area (just outside metro Atlanta area) and is off a paved road. The state is telling him he is crazy if he sells now because they are 4 laning the highway and making it a major thoroughfare. He is willing to owner finance, but not long term because he is elderly. He is very negotiable. His listing with the realtor expires Dec. 20th and other agents are clamoring to get the listing. Any ideas on structuring this deal?

There is some timber (mostly hickory and young timber). He sold the white oak 10 years ago. He also leases the 50 acres of open space to a man for his cows.

He only wants $3500 an acre. The agent who had it listed is not a company in the MLS area, so it has had very little advertisement and no sign (he doesn’t want a sign).

Anyone got ideas?

Charity

Re: Is this a deal? RE: large tract of land… - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on December 13, 2000 at 15:13:02:

My thoughts are similar to Bill’s. What do you know about land deals, buying and selling? What’s it really worth?

What he’s told you (I assume that’s where you got ALL your info.) may be right and it may not. You need to check it all out I would assume.

And what will you DO WITH IT if you get it? Need to know.