Is there ANY "book value" to a 1973 12 x 60 mh? - Posted by FJW

Posted by FJW on March 24, 2000 at 18:36:47:

/

Is there ANY “book value” to a 1973 12 x 60 mh? - Posted by FJW

Posted by FJW on March 24, 2000 at 08:13:14:

I’m familiar with the book value/actual value issue. I’m just curious. I don’t know the manufacturer or model…I know…my bad. I don’t even know if I want to get into mobiles, but if I can get it cheap enough, I might go for it. It’s in fair shape, needs some clean up. The nice thing is it has a pretty new central a/c unit which is actually worth more than the mobile. I’d say the park is declining, but in a good area of city. They started at 5K, and already hinted at 3K. I’m thinking of offering $650 right at the end of the month. The owner inherited it from his brother who died. They’re both in the same park and lot rent is $280 total, so he’ll be looking at double that if he doesn’t sell. It’s in Tampa Bay area of FL, if that means anything. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you

FJW

Re: Is there ANY “book value” to a 1973 12 x 60 mh? - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on March 27, 2000 at 21:01:55:

FJW,

After you do the “If I could pay you all cash…” line as Nancy suggested, ALWAYS ask “Is that the best you can do?” In my last negotiations by asking the first question the woman went down in price and then by asking the 2nd question she went down $500!!! So always ask them both…

Also as far as book value…Don’t get too caught up in book value, think about what you can SELL the home for and then how much are you willing to pay for it. I believe most mh’ers will tell you something like “the moblie home is worth what the market will bear, etc.” THAT’S for the most part I think having to do with when you’re selling it, BUT it will help you determine what you should pay with it and heck if the actual blue book value is low enough for a home USE it as a negotiating tool…it may work, ya never know.

hope this helps!

CAREY

Re: Is there ANY “book value” to a 1973 12 x 60 mh? - Posted by Nancy Cason

Posted by Nancy Cason on March 24, 2000 at 08:53:29:

NADA yellow page value is $6,737 then you apply a condition factor, add/subtract for optional equipment, then I usually apply the wholesale factor. 66% This comes to $4446. STILL TOO HIGH in my humble opinion!

But please take into consideration something I have learned. I may pay a little more than I would like if I can still make money on the deal. This deal has potential.

Try the old “If I paid you cash today what is the lowest you would take”. After you soften them up a little. And then the “I am not trying to insult you but all I can pay is”

You can do a Lonnie deal and make a good yield.

HAVE FUN AND KEEP A POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE
Nancy