Is there a deal here? - Posted by adam

Posted by laurie’s bar and grill on February 06, 2006 at 15:48:02:

brinkman barbeque gas grills chili’s bar and grill teeth grills grills for 2005 tundra romano’s macaroni grill gas grills macaroni grill restaurant car grills grill sauces fan grills grills for your mouth wood grill my grill raclette grills sunset grill propane grill weber grill parts brinkman grill my grill george forman grill big green egg grill nelly grills grill mp3 damon’s grill custom aftermarket billet grill stainless steel gas grills coleman gas grill grill guard george forman grill macaroni grill grill em grill lyrics the planet grill commercial grills webber grill union square grill grill guard my grill outdoor grill foreman grill

Is there a deal here? - Posted by adam

Posted by adam on July 24, 2005 at 22:01:21:

hey guys i got a call today from a lady whos house is in forclosure. home was appraised at $84k. she owes $66k. she owes the bank $4k. her monthly payments are $686 inc tax/ins. is there any deal here? i was thinking a note sale for balance owed and then try to flip retail? any thoughts appreciated

Re: Is there a deal here? - Posted by Will

Posted by Will on July 25, 2005 at 14:17:31:

I tend to take the opposite side of many on this board in this situation. Whenever I see a post asking “is there any deal here?” I tend to try to find a way for there to be a deal.

Many of the experienced folks on the board generate a lot more leads than you or I generate, so they qualify deals in a more stringent fashion. Personally, I feel like if a new investor can get ANY kind of a deal, it’s worth doing.

Typically, it seems to me that inaction while waiting for the PERFECT deal is what ends up killing a lot of peoples’ motivation and REI futures.

BUT, in THIS case, I don’t see much of a deal, either!

You say it’s appraised for $84K. But what will it actually SELL for? Are you prepared to have somebody lowball YOU an offer? What if it actually sells for $80K? How are you going to sell it? If you sell it through an agent for $80K and they take 7%, you walk away with $74,400–BEST case. You’ll have some costs that come out of that. If she owes $70,000 on the place, the best you do is $4,400 minus other assorted costs.

To me, there is a pretty hefty risk premium in the unknown of buying a property. What you don’t know MIGHT hurt you. You could literally lose money on this deal if you’re not careful.

Re: Is there a deal here? - Posted by Ronnie (Tx)

Posted by Ronnie (Tx) on July 25, 2005 at 11:42:07:

Your spread is 17% if she wants nothing. Any repairs eat into that. No flip potential. An investor is not going to touch it because you will need a profit and so will he. There is hardly enough profit for you let alone him too. And I promise the house isn’t ready to sell, plus factor in holding time. No there is no deal here unless you can negotiate a short sale with the bank. But I would skip it.

Ronnie

Re: Is there a deal here? - Posted by Shazad S. Sharif

Posted by Shazad S. Sharif on July 24, 2005 at 22:32:13:

You are looking at a spread of approx 20%, unless the area is developing or the Govt has an upgrade venture for the area I wouldn’t put my money in that deal. For a quick flip even those situation will not help.
Check the source of the appraisal if you can. If it’s a low-ball, and you can work with a spread of minimum and I mean minimum of 25% as long as you don’t have to spend a dime in any repairs.

nintendo ringtones - Posted by nintendo ringtones

Posted by nintendo ringtones on September 22, 2005 at 13:51:43:

dixie ringtone free ringtones sprint samsung free cellular one ringtones free ringtones samsung phones free kyocera ringtone slider free wav ringtones free kyocera ringtone slider free nextel ringtones free motorola ringtone downloads star wars ringtone