Is Carlton Sheets for real? - Posted by Jay

Posted by chris on June 16, 2000 at 09:50:05:

This site has lease option courses for sale if you go to the yellow banner on the left side of the page you will see the link. Bill Bronchick is highly recommended
and he is a real estate attorney. There are also free articles on lease options and many other subjects accessible through the same yellow banner.

Carleton devotes one chapter in his course to L/O. The courses for sale are devoted entirely to L/O.

-Good Luck,Chris

Is Carlton Sheets for real? - Posted by Jay

Posted by Jay on June 08, 2000 at 12:14:37:

My mother has no retirement to fall abck on and she is recently going thru a devorce. i am basically thinking about buying Carlton Sheets seminar only because my mother loves real estate and needs more income to help her survive. Basically I would just like to now does it really work!!
Thanks,
Jay

Re: Is Carlton Sheets for real? - Posted by Roger

Posted by Roger on June 09, 2000 at 19:16:31:

The course is very well organized and professionally packaged with plenty of information. I’ve purchased many courses over the years and none even came close to carlton sheets.
In my opinion CS is an excellent investment.

Re: Is Carlton Sheets for real? - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on June 09, 2000 at 15:34:00:

Yep. He sure is. It has always amazed me how people doubt the concept of buying real estate (or anything else, for that matter) at a discount and then doing something with it to make money. If Carlton Sheets taught you how to buy used cars at a discount and sell them at a profit, no one would say anything, and certainly never ask if it was “legal”, or for real. I can honestly say that Sheets gave me my start in real estate investing. I now own several hundred properties (alone and with partners) and am a real estate broker and general contractor in California, building and selling my own homes. Now, that said, my experience with the course is far from typical. I just fell in love with the field. Most don’t. They buy the course, put it on the shelf, and spend the rest of their lives dusting it. I’m amazed at how many people ask if there is a money back refund for the course. That, to me, is planning for failure. You are planning to have to give it back at some point and want to know if that is a viable option. I never cared about that. Just get the course (or any course), work it, and don’t stop until you are a success. Don’t accept failure. Dig your heels in and don’t accept less that the best.

Tim

Re: Is Carlton Sheets for real? - Posted by Bruce

Posted by Bruce on June 13, 2000 at 16:57:08:

I purchased the Carlton Sheets course and though I would pay $59.95 for 3 payments just like the TV ad said plus $15.00 for shipping. They charged my card $164 for the first payment and I gotten a different responce from them each time I call. You do not get an
invoice and I have been unable to get this resolved.
The full refund they advertise does not include the shipping and handling charges that they charge you which depends on who you are talking to at PEI on the price they quote. I am very sorry I ordered anything from them.

Re: Is Carlton Sheets for real? - Posted by katie

Posted by katie on July 01, 2001 at 11:56:11:

Dear Tim,
I read your letter regarding your good fortune with the Carton Sheets program. I’m a single parent and I was wondering will you be teaching any seminars in the California area or if you are ready to pass the program on for a discount (smile)

Re: Is Carlton Sheets for real - Posted by sam

Posted by sam on June 22, 2000 at 16:07:43:

That’s nothing, Carleton’s company charged and sent me merchandise I never ordered. Since you get no invoice in the box (too much overhead i guess), I did not realize the mistake for a couple of weeks. I watched all the extra tapes they sent me, and then sent them back. I called the cc company to see how much PEI charged me. If I had waited until my cc statement came, the 30 days probably would have passed and I would not have gotten my refund. Took 6 months to get my card credited back.

I think the kids answering the phones there are on a comission and they just add stuff to your order so they can make extra cash. Sounds like a case for the FTC!! The course is not worth 200 dollars either. I have been investing since the 1970’s and “Carleton’s Techniques” are older than he is.

Re: Is Carlton Sheets for real? - Posted by JAY DEGREGORIO

Posted by JAY DEGREGORIO on June 13, 2000 at 18:07:04:

I THINK THAT CARLTON SHEETS HAS ALOT TO OFFER IN THE WAY OF HELPING FIND THE WAY TO REAL ESTATE INVESTING AND TO ALSO FIND A HOME. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE LEASE-OPTION PROGRAMS THAT ARE AVAILABLE…THAK YOU
SINCERLY JAY DEGREGORIO

Re: Is Carlton Sheets for real? - Posted by Edward

Posted by Edward on July 26, 2001 at 09:09:29:

I have had the Carton Sheets program for about three years. Since then I have purchased 11 properties, leased optioned 3 (large apartment buildings) and flipped 2. I have a nice positive cash flow. In fact I have no job at present, and have not for almost a year. I get up in the morning, stay positive, and tell my self, “today is another great deal”. Not every day is a good deal but I stay positive anyway. At first I was stumbling very badly, however, I figured out my mistakes. Oh incidently, I had terrible credit too. In fact, I don’t think there could be a worse credit file! My credit is much much better. I do not live like a millionaire. I earn about $6000.00 per month in positive cash. The big checks come from the flips. Like I said I had two that paid very nice checks. I like those. I must tell you all…At first I stumbled for a while. You have to work the course and figure a few things out. I now have a system I use that I am very comfortable with. I am getting very upset at all the posts of people stumbling like me. In fact I am willing to help out a little. You can pay me back by helping someone else after you’re doing OK…and ONLY after you’re doing OK.

1. You have to WOrk the course. If you stop…you’ve blown it.
  2. You have to use your comfortable system…there is going to be alot of NO DEALS…DO NOT let that stop you…keep going!
  3. Use tools! Use Tools! Use Tools! As you look for deals remember what you’re doing and how… make it your tool!
    I have a great system now that will NEVER stop working. One of my tools…I figured out how to contact land owners of properties that look like a deal (like a beatup old house) I can find out who owns it in less than 15 minutes…I contact the owner and make a deal…The two I flipped were owned by the city…they sold thewm to me for $14,000, they financed them, however, I did not have to make any payments. It took 4 months to renevate them and I sold them. The $14,000 came out of my total sale of 54,000 dollars. I now go out and look for those deals. My rentals all came out of looking for the flips…which it is better to own and rent on many deals than simply flip. Just drive around looking for crap. Find the owner and make a deal(which I have more tools for making deals). If you have questions I will try to answer them. ESamaro@aol.com. Good Luck to all

Ed

Re: Is Carlton Sheets for real - Posted by Stephen

Posted by Stephen on January 30, 2001 at 12:52:34:

Can you suggest anyone who has more modern techniques?