Is anybody doing this? - Posted by Fletch

Posted by Ryan on March 05, 2002 at 13:34:25:

Lease/options can be quite tricky but also very profitable if structured correctly. You have the right idea about getting some knowledge before jumping in. William Bronchick’s lease/option course is very valuable. He sells the packages on his web site and they are worth every penny. I have done a number of lease options using the techniques he describes in the course.

Is anybody doing this? - Posted by Fletch

Posted by Fletch on March 04, 2002 at 17:13:09:

I own a nice little 3 bd/2 ba cape cod in a nice little neighborhood. There is another one just like it FSBO down the street from me.
The owner said that they wanted 125k which is probably full market value. She said that she thought about renting it out, but she didn’t know anything about landlording.
I see a potential for cash flow if I can get the owner to lease the property to me at below market rental rates then sublease it to someone else and keep the difference. I think maybe this is similar to what happens in a lease/ option(which I have very little knowledge about)minus the option.
I guess the trick is getting enough margin to make the property management worth the effort, and convincing the owner to lease the property to me with provisions for sub-leasing.
If anybody has any ideas or recommended reading please let me know.

thanks,
Fletch