investor reference wanted - Posted by James Buster

Posted by Joe A on March 28, 2003 at 20:27:50:

I don’t know, but would YOU buy houses all over the country sight unseen? Would YOU partner with people whom you had never met and had no idea as to their ethics, morals and experience level? I don’t think I would. That’s all I’m saying.

investor reference wanted - Posted by James Buster

Posted by James Buster on March 28, 2003 at 24:52:49:

I’m looking for references regarding Dan Baker, rbaker1@cox.net, owner of Management and Investments LLC in California. If you have done deals with him, either as money partner or purchasing a property from him, I’m interested in your experience.

Re: investor reference wanted - Posted by Joe A

Posted by Joe A on March 28, 2003 at 08:17:38:

He wants 70% of the profit! I couldn’t bring myself to give that much away, so I never did any deals with him. Other than that, he seems ligit.

Re: investor reference wanted - Posted by James Buster

Posted by James Buster on March 28, 2003 at 19:25:40:

He’s technically offering 30% cash-on-cash return on dollars invested, which isn’t quite the same thing. It may take 80%, or 20%, of the deal’s profit to give that return. Turning your money over 2-3 times/year at 30% return each time isn’t too shabby :slight_smile: Still, I see your point.

I’m much more interested in the “is he legit?” question, scam artists being a plague of this industry:
a) Are his money partners paid as promised?
b) Are the appraisals of his rental properties legit?
c) Are the projected income and expenses of said properties legit?