investing - Posted by Jezreel Hogan

Posted by jeff on October 01, 2002 at 17:17:16:

you ever see any signs setting around by the road that says “we buy houses” or some other type of short advertisement? sometimes you see them that resemble this: “summer jobs, 12.00/hr.” same thing, different reason.

basically its a simple eye catching sign that states what you do. they sit besides roadways and catch as many eyes as possible in a days time. these are normally the most cost effective and response producing way of getting business.

the reason for the name BANDIT is that these signs are usually illegal. using them may also get you calls from the police “asking” you to remove the signs. if so, remove them instantly.

investing - Posted by Jezreel Hogan

Posted by Jezreel Hogan on September 29, 2002 at 03:07:01:

As everyone knows tax time is coming around …i plan to use the money for purchasing realestate…What would be the most profitable way to investing a couple of thousand dollars?

Re: Tax time? - Posted by Ed Copp

Posted by Ed Copp on September 29, 2002 at 10:10:51:

Sounds like you are one of the folks who likes to have more witheld from wages so that you can get a big refund. The net result of that is the government giving you back your own money. You have been letting the government use your money for free all year, and have made no return on your money.

Most anyting would be better than that.

Most of the people that I work with who get large tax refunds also have on going credit card debt. The credit card debt often costs 20% or so to keep. If you pay off your credit card debt (if you have any) you will then yeild 20% return. The savings of interest is not taxable, so that would be a lot better than letting the government use your money for free. An upgraded credit card limit is always a good thing for emengencies. A credit card can be used like pre approved hard money. That is provided that the limit is not used up, just so one can have a big tax refund.

Or you could just send the money to me and I would pay 2%, which is so much better than you are getting now with overwitholding.

Re: investing - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on September 29, 2002 at 06:18:58:

the best way would be to keep it in your pocket and “invest” in real estate without it. why give up your cash if you dont have to? the first hundred or two shoul dbe set aside for advertising, this is where youll get your best deals. to date, ALL of my good deals have called me, not the other way around. use that couple hundred over a period time, dont just run out and spend it all on one gimmick. spread it around over tmie. advertising is cheap the way we do it. couple hundred will last you for a while if you use it right.

use the rest very sparingly along the way, i wouldnt put too much cash into one deal right up front unless its just too good to pass.

your alos gonna need to do nice houses for a while unless your willing to use hardmoney. you cant be spending too much money for repairs of junkers.

renting is also not a very good idea, what if 3 months into it the roof starts leaking and requires a 6K fix up?

Re: investing - Posted by Franklin

Posted by Franklin on September 29, 2002 at 08:25:14:

what has been you most effective tool of marketing,
direct mail, bandit signs, etc. I am also looking to invest monthly in marketing… how much could i expect to spend monthly… any suggestions…

Re: investing - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on September 29, 2002 at 08:52:37:

bandit signs are normally everybodies most effective tool. i personally only use bandit signs at a minimum simply because of the aggrevation factr. but every time i put them out i get 8 or 10 calls within a day or two. theyre great for slow spots in your career.

i get more calls from newspaper ads than anythig else, but thats sinmply because it runs year round. if i had bandit signs out year round, there would be no competion, the bandit signs wold get probably 50 times as many calls.

Re: investing - Posted by stefen

Posted by stefen on September 30, 2002 at 20:36:39:

Excuse my ignorance, but what are bandit signs?