investing in N.E. Florida - Posted by Beth (CA)

Posted by Beth (CA-FL) on December 21, 2003 at 18:58:18:

We’re moving for family and R.E. investment reasons. My husband is from there (Bolles and Univ. of Fl. grad) and he’s been gone for 20 years. It’s time for him to move back and for our children to know his extensive family there. We want to live by the beach so we picked St. Augustine. I think the JAX market is a good one for R.E. investing as it has a healthy ecomony and companies relocating there.

Why did you pick JAX as a place to relocate?

What I don’t like about Florida compared to Ca is the higher property tax and prop./flood insurance. So you REALLY have to buy your properties right. I hope to be able to hire excellent professionals like we have in Ca.

investing in N.E. Florida - Posted by Beth (CA)

Posted by Beth (CA) on December 20, 2003 at 21:24:28:

I’m a CA investor now moving to and investing in N.E. Florida (St. Augustine/Jacksonville market). I welcome any insights, warnings, suggestions, recommendations, referrals (CPA, insurance broker, R.E. attorney, etc.) … and any other input from those of you who invest/invested in that market area.

Off the bat I have to complete 1031 exchanges from my CA rental sales.

Re: investing in N.E. Florida - Posted by john

Posted by john on December 21, 2003 at 17:40:08:

Beth, what has prompted your move? I?m looking to move to Jacksonville in the spring and would like whatever info I can get to aid me in my decision making process.

Thanks