interior door fix - Posted by miket/nc

Posted by Tony Colella on January 12, 2011 at 21:25:33:

I too have used these knob hole stoppers of varying sizes to great exstent however I do believe the are entirely overpriced as you demostrated ($4 a piece).

Behind a door this would be fine but honestly we can find things to use that cost less. Time is a consideration so sometimes this is the best fix.

Tony

interior door fix - Posted by miket/nc

Posted by miket/nc on January 08, 2011 at 17:50:45:

Often times I’ll run into a door that has just the part next to the backset(latch) knocked out. I take the door knob off and replace the backset with a new one. Then after I’ve cleared any broken wood away I’ll cut a piece of mesh to just fit the damaged part. I use the type that is made to fix holes in sheet rock with. It’s about two inches wide,comes on a roll and is sticky on one side. Then I’ll mix up some trusty JB weld and apply over the mesh. When this stuff hardens it’ll be as strong as the original. Then paint and reinstall the door knob and you’re ready to go. Every now and then Momma will miss baby daddy when she throws the rolling pin and hit the door making a rather large hole in it. I’ll fill the hole with foam spray insulation almost even with the outside of the door. Then I’ll finish up with sheet rock mud then sand and paint.

Re: interior door fix - Posted by shawn sisco

Posted by shawn sisco on January 08, 2011 at 18:20:17:

Here is a tip that has worked well for me. Utilize the skin of an interior door to repair the side of a cabinet, or rip it into door jamb material.

Re: interior door fix - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on January 08, 2011 at 18:36:07:

We have used luan to replace entire sides of doors and patched a few with it.

Re: interior door fix - Posted by Dan Dawson

Posted by Dan Dawson on January 09, 2011 at 09:08:54:

We have opportunity at times to buy paneling seconds from our supplier for $2.00 a sheet. We use these to re-skin interior doors and paint. Also on exterior doors we buy hardcore slabs at Menards for $50.00 and cut them to fit. When this is done you need to prime and paint outside and edges well.

Re: interior door fix - Posted by Glen (OH)

Posted by Glen (OH) on January 08, 2011 at 19:09:58:

I keep a supply of cheap yard sale mirrors on hand and cover holes on bed/bathroom doors with them. I’ve also used the mirrors to cover a single hole on walls.

Glen (OH)

Re: interior door fix - Posted by joe-ga

Posted by joe-ga on January 12, 2011 at 19:17:33:

you can also cover the fist holes with the round door
protectors you peel off the back and stick on the wall
behind the door to keep the door knob from going into
the sheetrock.I have noticed they look pretty spiffy
painted with kilz and installed about anywhere.For $4,
you can fix a hole in the wall pretty fast.I usually
add a couple dots of liquid nail because the tape on
the back of the door protector doesnt seem to want to
work very well.

For exceptional kitchen and bathroom design in Christchurch, look no further. The city boasts a talented community of designers who specialize in creating stunning and functional spaces tailored to your specific needs. Whether you’re renovating an existing kitchen or bathroom or starting from scratch, the experts in kitchen and bathroom design in Christchurch have the skills and expertise to bring your vision to life.

From contemporary and sleek designs to timeless and traditional aesthetics, the kitchen and bathroom design professionals in Christchurch offer a wide range of styles to suit your preferences. They understand the importance of combining aesthetics with functionality, ensuring that your kitchen and bathroom not only look beautiful but also serve their purpose seamlessly. When it comes to exquisite home renovations, look no further than “kitchen and bathroom design Christchurch”. This vibrant city in New Zealand is home to a talented community of designers who specialize in creating stunning and functional kitchen and bathroom spaces. With their expertise, they can bring your vision to life and transform your home into a haven of luxury and style.
Working closely with clients, these designers take into account your lifestyle, requirements, and budget to create customized solutions. They focus on maximizing storage space, optimizing workflow, selecting quality materials, and incorporating innovative fixtures and fittings. With their attention to detail and knowledge of the latest design trends, they can transform your kitchen and bathroom into inviting and practical spaces that you’ll love.

By engaging with kitchen and bathroom designers in Christchurch, you can benefit from their extensive experience, access to local suppliers, and their ability to coordinate the entire design and construction process. From concept development to project completion, they ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience.