Infomercial profits ARE possible! - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on May 25, 2006 at 15:19:44:

No I didn’t! But I’m going to check the star ledger archives. Thanks.

Ib

Infomercial profits ARE possible! - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on May 19, 2006 at 21:25:54:

I’m usually not one to boast but I’m so excited I’m making an exception. LOL. Today I sold a property that I acquired for 2 cents on the dollar. That’s not a typo. TWO CENTS on the dollar. This was a tax lien foreclosure on an abandoned three-family house in a decent inner-city neighborhood. I foreclosed on a tax lien on a valuable property with a large bank mortgage where the insanely fool bank missed a few quarters of taxes (thereby creating the lien) BUT then woke up and continued to pay taxes current all the way to final judgment WITHOUT ever redeeming the lien! This kept my cash outlay to an absolute bare minimum all the while extinguishing the bank’s mortgage. The timeline for the bank to challenge judgment has also passed making this a bulletproof deal. To keep perspective, I’ve been doing tax foreclosure for ten years and this is one of my best deals to date but it proves it CAN happen. (John Beck, get me on your infomercial, LOL.)

Way to Go SKATER BOY - LOL! (nt) - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on May 22, 2006 at 14:59:52:

nt

Obscene! - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on May 22, 2006 at 24:30:23:

The repugnant profit from the deal you described shocks the conscience of this court.

You should cut that poor bank a check immediately. :wink:

Congrats!

Congrats and way to go Ben… - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on May 21, 2006 at 21:15:55:

Congrats on putting together a deal, that would likely be a decade of income for some folks… They do tend to average out, but it is the deals like the one you just put to bed, that keep us in the game, so to speak.

Also, this is especially impressive since you hold the esteemed JD… as most of those guys are only wired to screw-up deals like that, they aren’t capable of doing them… LOL

Congrats, and way to go Ben. Thanks for sharing the info on the success.

JT-IN

Re: Infomercial profits ARE possible! - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on May 21, 2006 at 20:38:54:

You’re absolutely right! I got started in this business as the result of an infomercial and actually participated in two. You’re to be commended for sticking with it and making it work!

Excellent work… - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on May 21, 2006 at 12:03:18:

way to go, Ben. You work hard and long at the business and you are rewarded for your deligencen, intelligence and hard work. Congrats.

Infomercial profits ARE possible! - Posted by Bill H

Posted by Bill H on May 20, 2006 at 21:28:55:

Yes, Ben occasionally the “Blind Hog does pick up an acorn.” Been at this longer than you and I too have picked up a few “Jewels”…bought a Lakefron lot for $81.00 and sold it for $18,500.

Makes the game a lot more interesting when you can occationally hit the big one.

GOOD LUCK!

Bill H

Ben Makes Infomercial profits probable! - Posted by Walt_FL

Posted by Walt_FL on May 20, 2006 at 13:04:37:

Nice Job Ben! BADA BING! CHA CHING!

What is the Best Publication/Resource for NJ Tax Deed/Certificate Investing?

I am in Florida Now, however, I am originally from North Jersey (Soprano Stomping Grounds) Harrison, Kearny, Newark.

I believe there was an attorney out of Newark who had a Guidebook…

The Certificate Sales here in my area of Florida (Tampa Bay) have gone to online bidding, new this year.

Congrats Again and All The Very Best,

Walt_FL

Re: Infomercial profits ARE possible! - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on May 20, 2006 at 11:18:23:

Great job. Would you be willing to provide more details? I would especially be interested in what the total purchase price was, what/if any work you did after purchase and what your sales price was.

Thnkas,

Mark

Re: Infomercial profits ARE possible! - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on May 20, 2006 at 08:42:02:

Ben,

Thats a handsome deal…you should contact John Beck, he would have you on in a NY minute,(or NJ).

:slight_smile:

RichV(FL)

Re: Infomercial profits ARE possible! - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on May 20, 2006 at 06:57:17:

Ben,

Well done!

What state was the tax lien in?

John Corey

Good show Ben! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on May 19, 2006 at 23:31:03:

Those are the deals that make all the others you had to bust your hump for, worthwhile!

Re: Way to Go SKATER BOY - LOL! (nt) - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on May 22, 2006 at 15:32:00:

LOL, thanks IB. Speaking of “skating” have you been following the saga of South Jersey real estate developer Solomon Dwek? He owns about 200 properties, one of which we owned together in Aberdeen
(not willingly by the way, it was the result of settling a lawsuit against each other). Anyway, we sold the property, split the profits and DAYS later Dwek was arrested for bank fraud to the tune of 25 MILLION dollars. His assets were immediately frozen (one of which would have been the friekin property we owned together).LOL. Skated out of that mess, thank God.

tried to respond privately, email bounced back - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on May 20, 2006 at 11:40:18:

nt

New Jersey (nt) - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on May 20, 2006 at 08:49:10:

$