i'm going for it-but should I? - Posted by paula

Posted by sean on April 02, 2002 at 22:38:07:

I got the same reaction when I started bird-dogging, I even went so far as to quit my job before I even had a lead. The whole mess almost cost me my fiancee… not to mention every thing I owned.

Now I am buying my own rental property, have created a network of investors that did not otherwise exist… and… well I’m still broke, but I am having fun

Keep your head up, if I can last another 2 months I’m on easy street, and if I can do it… anyone can

i’m going for it-but should I? - Posted by paula

Posted by paula on April 02, 2002 at 22:21:34:

hey there!
i’ve been reading the posts on this web site every single day for about 8 months now. I’ve done 1 deal- (i’m cash poor). I’m going to put up bandit signs this weekend for the 1st time in my small town. I’ve never seen bandit signs in my town before, so i don’t know how this will work out. I have to be honest, i’m nervous as hell.
My friends and family think i’m mad- my husband doesn’t think i’ll get a phone call. With all of these doubts that i keep hearing, i just wanted to hear from people that have been or are going through what i’m going through. I’m determined. I’ve read carlton sheets and have just ordered ron legrands courses. Anyone want to be a cheer leader for me?
this newbie sure needs one

Re: i’m going for it-but should I? - Posted by Mike Daly (GA)

Posted by Mike Daly (GA) on April 03, 2002 at 07:39:19:

To encourage you, that fact you haven’t seen any bandit signs in your town is probably a good thing. Means little to no competition! Who else are motivated sellers going to call? Where I am, you see bandit signs all over the place.

Ask yourself this… - Posted by KeithK2

Posted by KeithK2 on April 03, 2002 at 02:20:54:

When was the last time I ever saw someone die from lack of phone calls?

If I put my signs up and no one calls, will the birds refuse to sing in my yard?

We’re all nervous about new experiences. there’s an element of the unknown in every venture and people don’t enjoy not knowing what’s around the corner. But don’t let the fear of failure keep you from doing what you love to do. You’ve seen the path you’ve wanted to walk for 8 months now. Time to start walking.

Besides, with one deal already behind you, the worst part (starting out) is over.

All Success
Keith

Of Course You Should! - Posted by Nathan(oh)

Posted by Nathan(oh) on April 03, 2002 at 24:30:18:

When I started this business, I had quit my job, was getting married, had sub-par credit, and was cash poor. I took what little money I had and turned it into a full time cre business. It took a TON of work, and I am not done, but it is worth the risk. I told myself before I started this, that if I was going to go down, I might as well go down hard. Otherwise, I would hit a home run. Which I feel I did. Just remember, if you listen to those that don’t have what you want, then you will end up not having what you want. Go for it.