IF YOU WERE 24!!!!!! - Posted by Nick

Posted by Barry (FL) on March 04, 2005 at 11:17:14:

the new assistant F&B, very easy on the eyes!

Tell her Brannon’s bald buddy Barry from February said hello. She’ll know who ;-).

IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by Nick

Posted by Nick on March 03, 2005 at 10:02:12:

If You were 24 and had to change anything or do anything over in your life what would you do differently?

Thanks

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by IA Jeff

Posted by IA Jeff on March 05, 2005 at 15:07:21:

I would have spent more time educating myself about real estate and less time buying the “go to school, get good grades, get a nice safe secure job with good benifits” deal. And then I would’ve took action.

I would have wished I read “Rich Dad Poor Dad” when I was 20. Do this if you haven’t already!

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by Rob Ricker

Posted by Rob Ricker on March 05, 2005 at 24:35:14:

Professionally: I would do EXACTLY what I’m doing now … buy low, rehab, sell high on lease option. Run loan through MY mortgage company. Wish I knew then what I know now!

Personally: I’d be less picky about who I dated. There were so many good choices back then that I let “slide by”!

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by Rob C.

Posted by Rob C. on March 03, 2005 at 16:01:43:

I would have made the push to be more clear on my goals and focused on achieving them. At age 30 (31 on March 6th), I am just starting to do that…which is what brought me into the world or RE. I now have my goals written and am really focused on what I want from life.

I have no regrets, but I could have really accelerated being “successful” in life in so many ways if I became clear on what I wanted when I was 24.

To Arlanj, I am sorry for your loss. Your post certainly is heartfelt. Thanks for sharing. Family and friends are indeed the most important things in life.

Rob C. from Baltimore

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by ken in sc on March 03, 2005 at 15:56:22:

I would learn about goal setting, the key to achieving the life you want.

I would learn about the time value of money - the 8th wonder of the world.

I would start living off 90% of my income and invest the rest.

I would take a good look at my friends and ask myself if these people can help me achieve my goals. If not, I would make it a point to meet the type people who could, not neccesarily giving up the friends I have now.

I would attend the creonline convention and meet old timers such as Phil Fernandez (no offense Phil) who can give me years worth of experience for the price of a beer. Heck, Phil would probably buy you the beer.

I would get a library card. There is so much you can learn there for free on the goals, investing, and RE.

Knowledge is power - go get it.

Ken

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by Potash

Posted by Potash on March 03, 2005 at 15:35:22:

I would accumulate a lot of debt and file Bankruptcy.

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by arlanj

Posted by arlanj on March 03, 2005 at 10:59:09:

Spend more time with my wife. Every non working minute.

When I was 29, my 26 year old wife found a lump on her breast. She died 2 years later.

I(15 years later) still think about the time I wasted on selfish things and activities that should have been spent with her, my best friend.

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by DaveD (WI)

Posted by DaveD (WI) on March 03, 2005 at 18:06:41:

You’re right about Phil. I’m proud to call him my friend. If you want to buy him one, you will have to educate him. He still hasn’t learned about what “good” beer is all about, vs. the cheap swill he prefers! I’ll join you for one at the convention.

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on March 03, 2005 at 16:09:40:

Ken,
Sounds like you have been in the game awhile. So what do you do, how much of it do you do? How long have you been doing it? Are you a full timer? Sorry about all the questions, it’s just nice to know that perserveerance, motivation, and focus can get you what you want eventually.

Hey there is always “rebuilding” - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on March 03, 2005 at 16:13:01:

You know there may be some truth to that statement. I met a guy today with a 700+ credit score who declared BK about 2 1/2 yrs ago. It is going to take me another 3 yrs toget to that score just because I had a few credit dings in college and my vehicle and house loan are only 2 yrs old. When you declare they know you can’t for another 7yrs so they are happy to help you rebuild.

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on March 06, 2005 at 13:59:34:

As corny as this may sound, I think you just changed my life.

Thank you.

Ken

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on March 03, 2005 at 15:46:59:

Everyone should read those few sentences you just wrote Arlan. Jason is correct in saying that it places everything in perspective. Thanks for sharing and I’m sorry for your loss.

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by Jason in GA

Posted by Jason in GA on March 03, 2005 at 12:23:56:

Thank you for sharing that, arlanj. I’m very sorry for your loss.

Wow, that really puts things in perspective, doesn’t it? Life is truly a gift and we should enjoy it, appreciate it, and be thankful for every day we’re given.

Maybe that’s the difference… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on March 04, 2005 at 10:06:54:

he drinks swill and doesn’t swing a hammer, you don’t and do! ROTFLMAO

getting thirsty now - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by ken in sc on March 04, 2005 at 07:17:18:

Just got my plane ticket ordered to St. Louis. I’ll be the thirsty one in the bar Thursday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and the new people.

Ken

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by ken in sc

Posted by ken in sc on March 04, 2005 at 07:00:56:

I am full time and loving it. Made a slow transition from being an apprasier. I rehab and wholesale mostly, as well as own rental houses. You can do whatever you set out to, if you continue to learn and don’t give up.

Ken

Re: IF YOU WERE 24!!! - Posted by nik

Posted by nik on March 03, 2005 at 16:49:41:

Thank you arlanj. It’s too easy for me lately to get caught up in time-life consuming junk. Your having shared your loss and insight just forced me to pull in the reins and change my plans for the evening. Thank you----very much!

Re: Maybe that’s the difference… - Posted by DaveD (WI)

Posted by DaveD (WI) on March 04, 2005 at 10:16:07:

Hehehe. I’ve learned a lot from Phil. Can you blame me for trying to teach him what little I know!

Oh, by the way… - Posted by Barry (FL)

Posted by Barry (FL) on March 04, 2005 at 11:11:31:

they’ve remodelled the bar and lobby. The bar is not the same. :frowning: