If I'm dreaming, DON'T wake me up! (Long) - Posted by Debra G.-VA

Posted by ray@lcorn on May 24, 2000 at 12:30:47:

…glad to hear you are having success, especially since you are in my backyard!

Persistence is the key.

ray

If I’m dreaming, DON’T wake me up! (Long) - Posted by Debra G.-VA

Posted by Debra G.-VA on May 23, 2000 at 19:21:07:

Well, it looks like I may have already found buyers for my 1983 home. (I’m well aware I’m counting my chickens…) They’ll take it AS IS (I haven’t even cleaned it yet). My total investment will be $2,800. They’ll put $1,000 down, and put in sweat equity this weekend installing new vinyl skirting in exchange for my paying the sales tax (counted in the $2,800). They will be paying $300 a month, 0% interest for just 15 months. My return? 174%!!

I feel like I need to pinch myself! True, they won’t have the deposit until next Tuesday, but I believe it will probably go through. The sweat equity counts towards a deposit in my mind, anyway. I wasn’t planning on trying to sell this trailer until next week (other plans this week).

ANYWAY, when I told the park manager I was sending a set of buyers for approval for my second home, he was impressed at the speed I was selling my homes. (This manager/owner supervises seven local parks.) He said that he would be interested in selling me his rental homes as they become available. I said that I could only pay wholesale, and he replied that he understood. So I guess I need to get serious about arranging funding sources, as I’m likely to need more money very soon!

What really blows my mind is that I’ve worked my whole life for just a few dollars per hour, and suddenly I’m making MUCH, MUCH more! And I’m really enjoying helping young families buy their first home. This and other web sites, and the people I have met through them, have been the sources of information and support that I’ve needed to get going in this business. THANK YOU, everybody! (And wish me luck that this deal really goes through!)

Re: If I’m dreaming, DON’T wake me up! (Long) - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on May 24, 2000 at 09:19:32:

Hi Debra,

No, you’re not dreaming. It just seems that way when the fog lifts and you break out of the "work for money " mentality attitude, and see what other people have been doing all along. Wasn’t really that hard, was It? It just takes a positive attitude, and action.

You’ve already learned one of the key elements of making this business work so well?the park manager. A good, cooperative PM will put mega bucks in your pocket. Treat them well.

Congratulations, and now, on to the next one.

Lonnie

Re: If I’m dreaming, DON’T wake me up! (Long) - Posted by Karl (Ohio)

Posted by Karl (Ohio) on May 23, 2000 at 22:45:10:

Debra,

I know exactly what you mean. After spending so many years working for a specific amount of money no matter what the effort, this business is blowing me away. Congratulations on doing this deal. Isn’t it fun when you say something like “I can only pay wholesale”, and the park manager says “well, of course, I understand.” Its like they’re trying to make you money. I have a great park manager who is helping me do my deals, because he knows I’m helping him collect lot rent. I’ve moved several homes into his park in the last couple months, onto lots that he didn’t think would ever work out, so he’s returning the favors left and right. He also controls several other parks, and is always asking me when I’m going to start working in his other ones, they need my help.

Don’t worry about posting results before they ultimately work out, its fun to post when you’re excited, thats what this site is for. I’ve posted some in the works deals several times only to have them not quite work out like I thought they would, but they’ve all work out to be money makers anyway.

Good luck, keep posting.

Karl Kleiner

Re: If I’m dreaming, DON’T wake me up! (Long) - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on May 23, 2000 at 22:14:39:

Congratulations! What part of Va. are you located?

congratulations nt - Posted by cc

Posted by cc on May 23, 2000 at 20:24:03:

nt

Re: If I’m dreaming, DON’T wake me up! (Long) - Posted by John Laine

Posted by John Laine on May 23, 2000 at 20:22:10:

Congratulations !!! And I thought my first deal was good :), that is excellent!

Just southwest of Roanoke, near VA Tech (nt) - Posted by Debra G.-VA

Posted by Debra G.-VA on May 24, 2000 at 06:58:48:

nt