I took the first step - Posted by Bryan-CA

Posted by Bryan-CA on October 01, 2002 at 20:59:11:

I selected leads by the following methods: I didn’t select any that were filed by lawyers; and to start I didn’t select any that were typed but I quickly realized that was stupid but not until I missed two or three. With such a limited number of evictions to work with I probably should go through all of them and select all that are SFH’s. Also, I don’t know whether evictions are released weekly or daily. The people at the unlawful detainer counter didn’t know (heck, they barely spoke English). I’ll try to find out at the court website.

I took the first step - Posted by Bryan-CA

Posted by Bryan-CA on October 01, 2002 at 14:24:26:

After a few weeks of preparing and after going down to the courthouse yesterday, today I mailed 7 letters to potential sellers. Three were to Bay Area addresses (I live in Sacramento) so I consider them hot leads due to the stress of managing a house that’s 100 miles away. I already have my voice mail set up so all I can do is sit back and wait for a call.

Re: I took the first step - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on October 01, 2002 at 20:22:07:

Bryan–(CA)---------------

Good for you ust persisting forward.

Now, you might expect about one deal for about every 200 to 400 cards you send out. Thus, if you want you first deal within the next 6 months, you might want to go down again tomorrow and try to find another 7 to mail to.

Good Investing**********Ron Starr**************