I think I found where Lonnie did his first deal... - Posted by Roy_MA

Posted by Roy_MA on November 15, 1999 at 08:09:30:

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I have just one question. I live on Cape Cod and I am use to planting in sandy soil. It sound like you know this place, so tell me… is there sandy soil there? (LOL)

Thanks again,

Roy

I think I found where Lonnie did his first deal… - Posted by Roy_MA

Posted by Roy_MA on November 12, 1999 at 12:28:19:

and even if it is not, it gives this poor boy HOPE.

I’d like someone else to check the following URL:

http://www.hobbsnews.com/class/index.html

and please take a close look at the prices advertised, then answer this for me:

1. Is this Hobbs, New Mexico?

2. Given the fact that in the area in which I live…a used MH that would qualify as a “Lonnie” has an average sale price of over $21,000…not $3,500…does this town really exist that is mentioned in the URL?

3. I’m not poking fun here…but please, PLEASE…tell me that communities like this exist a little closer to Cape Cod.

Cordially,

Roy

Re: I think I found where Lonnie did his first deal… - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on November 13, 1999 at 07:35:17:

Lonnie deals exist near cape cod, as they do everywhere else. It appears that you are looking for homes and not having the sellers come to you. In my area if I went to get a listing for Mobile Homes you would get them ranging anywhere from $17k-$60k, yet I personally know people who have bought homes for $500-$3000. You need to work with the park managers, run ads, and work with the Mobile Home dealerships. They will call you when their is an opportunity.

Steve

Re: I think I found where Lonnie did his first deal… - Posted by Dolores_Ma

Posted by Dolores_Ma on November 13, 1999 at 04:11:48:

Roy
You need to be looking for the motivated seller.
Dolores

Re: I think I found where Lonnie did his first deal… - Posted by Mike-DFW

Posted by Mike-DFW on November 12, 1999 at 15:18:36:

Yep, that’s Hobb’s NM alright. One of the worst places on god’s green earth. They have sand, cactus, sand, mesquite, sand and on good days DUST STORMS. Should be a great place for lonnie deals though.

Mike

Re: I think I found where Lonnie did his first deal… - Posted by Roy_MA

Posted by Roy_MA on November 15, 1999 at 08:14:14:

Steve,

Thanks for the encouragement. I know those deals exist…I just wish they were JUST A LITTLE more obvious. I will keep looking. Maybe I’ll find my version of Hobbs, NM in my back yard.

Thanks again,

Roy