I Really Need Help! - Posted by Tarsha Battle

Posted by Chip on July 05, 2001 at 21:29:24:

How about selling the property retail? Find a buyer who will live in the home.

I Really Need Help! - Posted by Tarsha Battle

Posted by Tarsha Battle on July 05, 2001 at 18:11:38:

Hello Hope everyone is doing great investing, But I really Need Help! I have rental property now. and I am getting ready to do my first flip at least I hope anyway the numbers look good but the one thing I need help with is that
I live in a small area in N.C. not that that has me down my only thing is because I live in a small town It’s been kind of hard finding Investors to flip to can anybody Please give me some advice on finding investors to flip to. believe me when i say I have even sent letters to contractors to see if they would like to buy Real estate property am not really advertising the house I have under contract am just advertising to find people to at least call
this might sound like I am whinning but i have really work hard. so can someone please help me Thanking You in advance.

NZBattle, N.C.

Re: I Really Need Help! - Posted by Ron Freeman

Posted by Ron Freeman on July 07, 2001 at 19:02:17:

What part of NC do you live in? I live in Charlotte and am an investor. E-mail me if I can be of help.

finding buyers - Posted by BillW.

Posted by BillW. on July 05, 2001 at 23:32:33:

Have you tried placing ads in your local paper? I use the throw-away papers where I live. It only costs about $6.25 per week for an ad. Ad I have used that made the phone ring off the hook was "House for sale. CHEAP. CASH. Address: xxx. Phone xxx-xxxx ". This ad usually gets at least 25 calls a week. Make up several lists of buyers. 1. Rehabbers. 2. Other people who want to flip houses. 3. Landlords looking to buy rental properties. 4. Handymen types looking to get into a house and willing to do some sweat equity. 5 Retail buyers. Each type of buyer will pay you a diferent price for the same property. Try to sell first to retail buyers, then handymen who want to live in it and do repairs for the sweat equity, then to the landlords and then to the rehabbers. I usually leave out the ones who want to flip it(no profit). Once you have a few of these types of buyers, you’ll be able to sell easier. You may have to vary your ad copy to attract each type. The ad I had above will attract a lot of flippers. For rehabbers or handyman types, you might try something like "Rehabbers, handymen-Fixer upper! Save money and build your equity with some work. Address. Phone. ", or something like that.
good luck,
BillW.

Re: I Really Need Help! - Posted by Ronald * Starr

Posted by Ronald * Starr on July 05, 2001 at 22:02:50:

NZBattle, N.C.---------

The “Wholseale Flip” approach may not work where you are. If there is nobody to flip to, how can you do it?

Chip suggests a different approach. There are a lot of different approaches that might work there. How about looking for money from friends, relatives, neighbors, fellow employees, employers, etc. Us that to fix up the good deal you find and then, as Chip says, sell to the retail user.

You have to have an approach you like and it has to fit the environment where you live. You probably can’t expect to build 15 -story condominium complexes and sell the units for $350K to $500K in your area. I just read that that is being done in San Francisco. Different market. Different market equals different approach.

Good Investing****Ron Starr**************