I need a little advice - Posted by Mike Barton

Posted by kdimm on June 24, 2001 at 11:41:27:

Yes…there is a literal gold mine of free information right here at this site in the “How To” articles. Also check out the main forum. There are some VERY knowlegeble people who post there.

kdimm

I need a little advice - Posted by Mike Barton

Posted by Mike Barton on June 23, 2001 at 21:13:46:

First off, I would like to thank all the members of these wonderful forums for providing a gold mine of free information.

Second, I need a little advice…

I am fresh out of High School and want to wait awhile before unniversity (mostly so I do not have to go into a lot of debt). I do not enjoy working and making money for some one else, and have had a desire since I can remember to own and run my own business. I have seen Carleton Sheets Info-mercials several times and usually change th channel thinking it is just another scam to sell people common sense information. So, is Carlton Sheets worth the $300? Also, would I be able to do this program being underage to enter a legal document.

Thank you so much.
Mike

Re: I need a little advice - Posted by JJ

Posted by JJ on June 24, 2001 at 22:11:44:

“New Market Wizards” author Jack D. Schwager quotes Ed Seykota’s line, “Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” It’s going to be worth $300 if you get what you want out of it, and that’s a value question you should settle beforehand. Seykota used math and computers to scientifically extract a fortune from the markets. The factual quantity and quality of property transactions, in spite of unofficial claims, is anybody’s guess. Carleton Sheet’s affiliate, Professional Education Institute, maintains a strictly “educational” posture, but I think Sheets and PEI should be held strictly accountable for making any semblance of the program’s effectiveness. If you knew that there were on average ten properties within four-hundred square miles, you could get some time, expense, and success approximations. It’s either a worthwhile education, entertainment, or you’re a speculator risking $300, anybody’s guess.

Re: I need a little advice - Posted by Mike Barton

Posted by Mike Barton on June 24, 2001 at 15:16:19:

I have Finally Read ALL the “How To” guides and I found Lonnie Scruggs’s articles the best. I think that I will, for the first while, focus on mobile homes. How often do the “How to” articles come out?

Re: I need a little advice - Posted by Mike Barton

Posted by Mike Barton on June 24, 2001 at 10:09:48:

Thank you both for the information you gave me. I will do both of those, but as of right now I am reading through all of the “How To” articles. Thank you both alot though, I appreciate it.

Re: I need a little advice - Posted by Ray

Posted by Ray on June 23, 2001 at 22:20:55:

Mike, Almost anything that can be written about investing in real estate has already beem written. It’s available to you free at any good library. Ray

Re: I need a little advice - Posted by kdimm

Posted by kdimm on June 23, 2001 at 22:08:49:

Mike,
Before you order the CS course check out ebay. They usualy have 30 or so CS courses up for bid at any givin time and they sell for about 1/3 of what they cost new.

Kdimm

Re: I need a little advice - Posted by kdimm

Posted by kdimm on June 24, 2001 at 17:16:37:

They come out every couple of months or so usually.
If you plan on focusing on mobile homes there is a mobil home forum here on this site that is moderated by Lonnie Scruggs in case you were not aware of it.