I BUY HOUSES TRUCK! - Posted by BILL TAYLOR

Posted by Brad Crouch on March 12, 1999 at 02:16:40:

Joe,

It sounded good when I first heard it, but maybe it only works in Canada.

You’re right though . . . someone could get hurt.

Thanks for your wisdom,

Brad

I BUY HOUSES TRUCK! - Posted by BILL TAYLOR

Posted by BILL TAYLOR on March 09, 1999 at 20:31:56:

BOUGHT AN OLD RYDER BOX VAN GREAT FOR SETTING ON REHAB JOBS TO GET SUPPLIES AND BASICALLY HAVE AS A ROLLING GARAGE. JUST THOUGHT AFTER ATTENDING THE CONVENTION ABOUT ADVERTISING. THIS TRUCK IS ABOUT TO BE MY ROLLING BILLBOARD. CALLED A COUPLE OF SIGN COMPANIES TODAY ABOUT MANKING ME SOME VINYL LETTERS FOR IT. I WILL SOON HAVE THE WORDS I BUY HOUSES FOR CASH! AND A PHONE #. ON THREE SIDES. I’M GOING TO TAKE IT ON JOBS WITH ME BUT EVERY FEW DAYS I’M GOING TO MOVE IT AND LEAVE IN NEIGHBORHOODS. ANY OTHER IDEAS ABOUT PROMOTION WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

P.S. SOME OF THE OLD TRUCKS CAN BE BOUGHT VERY INEXPENSIVELY

Not to rain on your parade - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 10, 1999 at 20:47:39:

The odds are that if you park your truck at the job site for long it will be broken into and any tools or materials will be gone.

I have seen the portable signs hauled around on the little trailers and parked at gas stations and such. Leave no tools and minimal materials at a job site. Or hire a contractor and don’t worry about that aspect.

Re: I BUY HOUSES TRUCK! - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on March 10, 1999 at 17:58:49:

Bill,

You might consider a ploy that a friend of mine in Canada uses. He not only parks his large truck in different places each day so the advertising can be seen, he also parks it “badly” so that motorists have to slow down and “go around” it to some extent.

This may make them mad for a moment, but they remember the advertising!

Good luck,

Brad

Great Idea!!! - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on March 10, 1999 at 11:20:04:

I really like the idea, and will look into using it. I’d put a different sign on each side. One for buying, the other for selling.
I would also consider paying my contractors with the beat up vans to paint my ads on the side of there vehicles.
Mobile Billboards-that’s a money making idea in itself. Buy the truck and put other peoples signs on them.
You’ve got my wheels spinning now.

SCook85

Re: I BUY HOUSES TRUCK! - Posted by Bob-Tx

Posted by Bob-Tx on March 10, 1999 at 08:43:53:

Great Idea! Seems like you have tons of room to work with, maybe be a bit more creative with your copy…
“Problem House? We Bought This One For Cash! Let Us Help With Yours. Call 345-679-0101”
Just a thought.
Bob

Re: I BUY HOUSES TRUCK! - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 09, 1999 at 21:22:12:

How about:

“Quick Cash for your house”

Bad idea . . . - Posted by Joe Kaiser

Posted by Joe Kaiser on March 12, 1999 at 24:55:47:

The first guy to hit that truck pretty much wipes out any profits that advertising may have brought in, and I’d guess if there’s any bodily harm you can figure by a factor of about 100.

Joe

Re: I BUY HOUSES TRUCK! - Posted by JOHNMAN

Posted by JOHNMAN on March 10, 1999 at 18:09:29:

Good one Brad!

Johnman

Great Idea!!!–I agree - Posted by raelynn mitchell

Posted by raelynn mitchell on March 11, 1999 at 11:33:27:

I’ve often seen buses going by with advertising about movies and wondered how much it costs to advertise on the side of a bus…?

My wheels are spinning now, too, Steve.

raelynn