I Bought 40 acres in west texas!! - Posted by AJEVA

Posted by Jimmy on July 22, 2006 at 09:33:47:

You should have asked this question BEFORE you bought the land. Sounds like pure speculation to me.

Have you been to this place and seen it with your own eyes? What economic activities prevail in the area? grazing for cattle or sheep? how close is the nearest residential development? 50 miles? highway frontage? hunting?

Why are you asking us???

West Texas is a huge place, with several hundred thousand square miles of NOTHING. a lot of it is really beautiful, but isn’t even grazable.

I Bought 40 acres in west texas!! - Posted by AJEVA

Posted by AJEVA on July 22, 2006 at 01:45:09:

Hello, I bought 40 ares of land in west texas and have a monthly note of $225.00. I Plan to sit on the land for a very long time. I want to know of creative things I can do with the land that can pay the note. The land use to be a 1,200 acre ranch. It was split and I bought some. it is undevelope but as a lot of animals and incredible veiws of cayons and mountains. If someone knows of someting creative I can do, Please help. Mabey there are some websites I can check out. LET ME KNOW THANX

Re: I Bought 40 acres in west texas!! - Posted by Andrew

Posted by Andrew on September 08, 2006 at 18:57:37:

Go catch crickets and worms and sell them to bait shops. Grow hay and sell it. If its near the freeway, have a sign company come out and put a big billboard up and you should get some monthly income from them.

Re: I Bought 40 acres in west texas!! - Posted by Max-Va

Posted by Max-Va on July 24, 2006 at 08:28:34:

Question, Do you own mineral rights? I doubt that you do. Most of west texas has had mineral rights sold off along time ago. Also grazing and hunting rights may have been sold off also.
Check to see what you actually own there.