I am thinking about becoming an investor but.... - Posted by Angela

Posted by ART on July 02, 2001 at 11:15:43:

Hi. I recomend you to read the how to article seccion on this site, then decide what kind of path you want to follow. from there decide what course tu buy…
just my 2 cents//
ART.

I am thinking about becoming an investor but… - Posted by Angela

Posted by Angela on July 02, 2001 at 10:05:12:

I am unsure do to the fact there are so many scams and things I am not sure about.

First does my Credit have to be in good standards?

Is it a business for a single mom?

I have motivations but dont know where to start

Re: I am thinking about becoming an investor - Posted by Kevin Subbert

Posted by Kevin Subbert on July 02, 2001 at 21:39:03:

Your credit doesnt have to be good but it helps. You dont need any cash but it helps too. It can be done with neither its just a little more difficult.

The way to tell if you are being scammed is if it sounds too easy. Its not easy. Too many newbies read article and courses that say how easy it is to do flips or L/O’s and then they try to do them and realize its not easy at all, so they give up.

If you understand from the beginning that REI takes alot of work and commitment then you will be less likely to end up like alot of the newbies here and quit.

Treat your investing like a business and put some money into it. Im not talking about buying houses, I mean spend the money on creating your business. You cant do business without a cell phone, fax machine, etc. You also need to market your services.

If you focus on the business more, and the houses less, your business of buying and selling houses for profit will succeed.

Kevin Subbert

Re: I am thinking - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on July 02, 2001 at 12:29:42:

I can understand where you’re coming from. When I started out in real estate investing, I too was worried about falling for some scam and getting off track. My credit was very poor and I had just about no money. I knew that I would have to find a very creative way of getting into real estate investing in order to do anything. (That’s how I ended up here.)

I suggest reading through the how to articles on this site to start out. That can give you a basic overview of the various methods of creative real estate investing that are out there. I personally prefer lease options, but that can be a personal choice.

If you’d like, feel free to send me an e-mail (remove the NOSPAM part of my e-mail address) and I’d be glad to help you in any way I can. I have a bit of experience mostly in lease options and may be able to help explain it more clearly to you if you have questions. I can help clarify some facts if you’d like and see what might best suit your situation for getting started.

Good luck.

becoming an investor but… - Posted by Rob Harris

Posted by Rob Harris on July 02, 2001 at 11:42:18:

Angela You can start investing with out worring about ones credit. If you choose some of the investing areas to work in. Like lease options or flipping.
In my view Lease options could be easyer becasue you don’t have to find a house that is so deeply discounted so you can make a little as you flip it to another investor.
Hope this helps.