how to work with realtors - Posted by NovaInvestor

Posted by Marc on January 02, 2005 at 10:52:18:

I have similar questions. Does anyone know what qualifies as a “precurring cause” of the sale? For example, I am eyeing a multi-family home right now that has been sitting on the market for almost 6 months and I suspect the listing will expire soon. I know it is for sale because it has a “For Sale” sign on the front yard, and I was then able to look it up in he MLS. But I have not contacted any broker. If the listing expires at this point and I contact the owner directly, do we have an obligation to the broker? The broker’s “For Sale” sign would be the only “precurring cause” I can think of here. Is that enough?

Second question, how does one find expired listings in the MLS? I have access to the MLS via several real estate sites, but they don’t provide an option to search expired listings. If I plug in a particular MLS#, the listing might show up as “expired”, but I have found no way to systematically search for them. Any ideas?

thanks

how to work with realtors - Posted by NovaInvestor

Posted by NovaInvestor on December 29, 2004 at 22:08:07:

Any idea on how to work with a realtor as a starter?

If I give her a referral fee on the expired MLS, does she get her commission still from the seller? If I want to do a simultaneous closing with the seller and my buyer how do I get rid of the realtor?

Re: how to work with realtors - Posted by dave

Posted by dave on December 30, 2004 at 14:49:25:

try to deal with them as little as possible. most are incompetent and won’t have a clue what you’re trying to accomplish

Re: how to work with realtors - Posted by Beachboy-Ga

Posted by Beachboy-Ga on December 30, 2004 at 08:05:26:

I was licensed back in the 90’s, but let them expire and have not taken ANY continuing education classes, so I would have to retake the course to get license updated, but you make money buying real estate , not brokering it.

Re: how to work with realtors - Posted by ~~beachboy

Posted by ~~beachboy on December 30, 2004 at 08:03:41:

is this realtor also the broker?? if not, the broker is the one who you will be dealing with if they decide they want to push the issue If the sale takes place after the listing offer expires, and the realtor was the precurring cause of the sale, then usually the clause in the realtors agreement states that if the home sells within _________ days after the contract expires and they were the cause of sale, commissions are stil due,

Re: how to work with realtors - Posted by Commercial Investor

Posted by Commercial Investor on December 30, 2004 at 16:30:56:

Most realtors don’t understand investments and mostly concentrate on helping normal people buy and sell their homes. I would recommend finding a realtor who also invests in real estate personally or just become a realtor yourself.