How to work a 450k deal - Posted by Brent

Posted by John Corey on December 16, 2005 at 08:36:39:

Farms are hard to sell as few lenders want to finance raw land (even a working farm where the land produces income).

If your friend did a short sale has he already cashed out the prior lender? Can you friend afford to hold any paper?

As you acknowledge it might take a while to see this. Be prepared to hold on. You will find that the full retail price is easy to obtain when there are few buyers and sellers. Hence you might need to discount to get it sold. Better to discount and sell now than to wait a long time and pay carry costs in many cases. Focus on doing multiple deals over a year rather than waiting for the absolute best price on one property.

John Corey

How to work a 450k deal - Posted by Brent

Posted by Brent on December 15, 2005 at 21:34:35:

Thank you for your help in advance.
I have a deal on a 40 acre farm. I can buy it from my friend who just did a shore sale on it. Asking price 450k and it values at 800k. I think I would have about two months to close maybe more maybe less. What are some of the methods in which I could do this.
For the record I would want to retail it for as close to value as possible my friend is in it for the quick turn and this may take time to retail.

thanks

brent