HOW TO START INVESTING???? - Posted by Melissa

Posted by Nathan(oh) on July 15, 2001 at 12:15:09:

I would suggest trying to do lease options. I have tried flips, and rehabs, but I think the quickest and most effective way to go full time into real estate is to run an ad for lease options and start getting control of properties with no money down. For more info, search the archives for Lease Option or Matt B or look in the how to articles. If you have any questions email me cause I have saved a bunch of posts from here. hth

Nathan

HOW TO START INVESTING??? - Posted by Melissa

Posted by Melissa on July 14, 2001 at 22:18:05:

Hello!

I am looking for some pointers on how to get into Real Estate Investing.

I bought my first house 3 months ago and in addition to the house payment, we have two vehicle payments so I think our dept to income ratio is too high to buy another house, (we make about $70K a year).

What should my first move be in investing in real estate. The market in the “Inland Empire” in Southern California is red hot right now, (in paticular, my home town of Hemet… because of a huge lake their puting in)… I do not want to be left out of this opertunity.

Any advice will help!

Melissa
RMBeck8270@aol.com

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! :O) - Posted by Melissa

Posted by Melissa on July 21, 2001 at 13:57:13:

Thanks Doug, Nick and Nathan!

can anyone point me in the right direction of helpfull, (non-fluff/hype) real estate investment books or articles as I’m not sure if I can afford a $300 to $400 course at this point in time…

Thanks again!!!

Melissa

Thanks!

Re: HOW TO START INVESTING??? - Posted by Nick

Posted by Nick on July 15, 2001 at 11:19:49:

A great way to start would be to place an ad in the paper advertising houses for sale. Yes I know you don’t have any houses for sale right now. When the people call ask them what they are looking for. What ever they say tell them you don’t have any of those in your inventory right now, but could you call them back when you do in the near future.

Then look for the house that they are requesting and start flipping. For more information on flipping houses I would get a book or course on this. It is really not that hard and if the market is red hot you should do very well.

I use this techinique when I started getting rental houses. That way I had renters before I had houses with payments.

Good Luck and God Bless
Nick