How to get motivated sellers to call - Posted by Jef (Atlanta)

Posted by kevin on August 18, 2004 at 01:37:18:

I left out the part of holding a WE BUY HOUSES sign while running across the baseball field. don’t forget your sign or you’ll clean our american highways for no reason.

How to get motivated sellers to call - Posted by Jef (Atlanta)

Posted by Jef (Atlanta) on August 17, 2004 at 19:33:35:

I am a beginner with limited funds and i am curious about whats the best way
to advertise to get motivated sellers calling. I currently am advertising in
thrifty Nickel and creative loafing here in atlanta. I also am about to purchase
magnetic signs to put on my car.

Are these good ideas? What else can you suggest.

P.S.
I spoke with zoning here in atlanta and they said i have to fill out permits and
other stuff before i can post signs on the corner.

Re: How to get motivated sellers to call - Posted by Chuck Rosenberg

Posted by Chuck Rosenberg on September 06, 2005 at 12:04:48:

membrane wine press italian food wines wine country bed breakfasts iron wine wine rack plans types red wine table wine racks home wine cellars free wine rack plans restaurant wine cellar

Re: How to get motivated sellers to call - Posted by T2B - GA

Posted by T2B - GA on August 19, 2004 at 07:01:27:

Jef,

I recently moved to the Atlanta area from Orlando. I had heard from a few local investors that hand made bandit signs work better than the professionally done ones. Lo-and-behold, they were right. I put out about 24 hand made corrugated plastic signs about 4 weeks ago and am still getting about 2 to 3 calls a week from them. The first couple of weeks I averaged 4 or 5 calls. No deals yet but the phone is ringing.

Good luck!
Tom

Re: How to get motivated sellers to call - Posted by Clair-MO

Posted by Clair-MO on August 18, 2004 at 09:21:25:

Jeff, Check out http://www.creonline.com/money-ideas/mm-052.html!

Re: How to get motivated sellers to call - Posted by kevin

Posted by kevin on August 18, 2004 at 01:36:13:

I’ve been brain storming on this one lately to kick my buying machine into full force. I have some stuff in here that is not SERIOUS but you’ll be able to pick that out. along with lots of spelling and grammer errors.

Did you ask zoning officals how much they charge per violation? Just an important of a question. if they charge 150 dollars for all your signs or 50 dollars a sign. Thats good to know. I’d be the first SOB to put up 2000 signs so everyone and their mom is upset at me. and i get a thousand modivated upset town people calling me. At least i won’t be bored with lack of phone calls. heck! I pay people to put up the signs its just like paying 2 more people to help them for 150 bucks. Now 2000 signs times 50 dollars. Different issue.

-Letters
-Door Hangers(what are these properly called?)
-Running across the baseball field at a MLB game costs about 72 dollars on average. (don’t resist arrest just run) 22 dollars for the ticket(to get into the game) 50 dollars for bail. oh and about 500 hours of community service your coughSECONDcough time round.
Flyers under winshield whipers at wal-mart/malls(again if the police are reading this ASK FOR PERMISSION FIRST)

I always wanted to print out business card size we buy houses magnets with my number on it. Has anyone done this? I’d like about 1000 to give to everyone I know and have them stick it on the fridge at their work. website anyone?

Word of mouth costs 250-500 bucks. Tell your friends you’re willing to pay for referels

a “decent” paint job on a van that you don’t trust to drive around and have “break down” all over town will cost about 350 bucks. very effective. Remember to move everyday otherwise pay inpound fee. (ouch)

Go geocaching and leave we buy houses business cards at the location. Never got a deal from this but its fun.

Walk around wal-mart with WE BUY HOUSES ###-#### shirt on.

Some local radio stations do not have a 3 second delay when you call in. It would be possible to yell WE BUY HOUSES and throw out your number before they cut you off.

Go introduce yourself to the local realtors. Tell them you give $ for leads and promise if they give you business you’ll referall business to them. Bring out the golf clubs for this one.

Alright guys, what did i leave out?

Kevin