HOW TO GET EXPIRED LISTINGS? - Posted by mesbahul

Posted by DP (ON) on November 13, 2005 at 22:02:21:

Do you have the same ethical objection to all the realtors out there who actively solicit expired listings for business?

HOW TO GET EXPIRED LISTINGS? - Posted by mesbahul

Posted by mesbahul on November 12, 2005 at 22:31:09:

From where can I get the expired listings. I have no broker friends

Re: HOW TO GET EXPIRED LISTINGS? - Posted by Will

Posted by Will on November 13, 2005 at 11:58:23:

If you know any realtor in your area, ask him/her if you can get a list of these properties, just work out some kind of finding fee with him/her if any of these deals go through. It doesen’t have to be a percentage of the profit you make, it can be a set in amount ($200-$500) depending on how much you want to give them. If you don’t know any realtors, it wouldn’t hurt to start networking with them now, they are a good source of leads (since they have access to the expired listings) as long as you show them your appreciation with money.

Think about it, if you were to give me $500 after closing on a deal for just a print out of expired listings, I’ll be more than happy to print some more listings for you. Also this works both ways, if you find a property on your own that you can’t make a deal on, refer the owner to your friend the realtor and your friend will be more than happy with you.

Re: HOW TO GET EXPIRED LISTINGS? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on November 13, 2005 at 09:39:41:

Get a real estate license.

Re: HOW TO GET EXPIRED LISTINGS? - Posted by DP (ON)

Posted by DP (ON) on November 12, 2005 at 23:35:14:

Call the owners of listed houses and ask when their listing expires.

Re: HOW TO GET EXPIRED LISTINGS? - Posted by Heidi White

Posted by Heidi White on November 13, 2005 at 20:03:02:

Personally, as a Realtor, I don’t think it’s OK to sell MLS info to anyone. It’s one thing to let buyers know about Active properties (as that is our job,) but the Expired’s are no longer represented by an agent. And to give an investor that information in exchange for a fee is suspect…ethically, IMHO.

Not that you couldn’t find a Realtor willing to do it. Just beware, you may find some resistance.