How much commission do real estate agencies take?

Hi everyone, this is Dave Walter here, and I have recently bought a commercial property. The estate agency I bought the property from charged me a 5% commission. Later one of my friends told me that it’s usually less than 3%, and the agent charged me more. Please guide me on how much commission real estate agencies take.

1 Like

UK real estate agencies typically pay a commission on selling or renting a property. The commission rate can vary depending on several factors, such as the property’s location, the agency’s size, and the level of services provided. In general, commission rates can range from 1% to 3% of the sale price of a property. Some agencies may charge a higher commission rate for more expensive properties or for properties that are more difficult to sell. Other fees may be associated with selling or renting a property, such as marketing and advertising costs. It’s important to carefully review the terms and conditions of any agreement with a real estate agency before proceeding with a sale or rental transaction.

The commission that real estate agencies take can vary depending on various factors such as the location, the type of property, and the agreed-upon terms with the seller. Typically, the commission can range from 2.5% to 6% of the total sale price of the property. However, it’s important to note that the commission is negotiable, and sellers can try to negotiate a lower rate with their agent. It’s recommended to discuss the commission with potential agents during the hiring process to ensure clarity and transparency. If you are considering hiring a real estate agent in Northern Virginia, you may want to consider contacting Jessica Bush as a potential agent.

Real estate agencies typically take a commission from the sale or purchase of a property. The commission is usually a percentage of the sale price, and it can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the location of the property, the type of property, and the real estate agency involved.

2% is the commission in Karur Real estate services. The buyer will be paying 2% and seller will be paying 2% commission. Totally 4% will be paid as commission for a property in Karur.