How long should I have to what for an appraisal!? - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Rosie(CA) on July 04, 1999 at 13:42:11:

Hi Lisa,
For SFH in CA, it took about 3 days for them to come out, and another week for them to write the report (although they always say it will take 2 days to write the report).

You could call another appraisal company and get their time estimate to come out to look at the 12 unit, then if it’s only a few days call back the first one and fire them? If the lender selected them, put pressure on the lender to 1) push them 2) select another 3) you start working with another lender 4) sic Ed G. on them, heh heh.

Good luck,
Rosie

How long should I have to what for an appraisal!? - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on July 03, 1999 at 20:32:27:

Nearly three weeks now that I’ve ordered an appraisal to be done on a 12 unit complex. First time doing this so I don’t really know what to expect–it doesn’t help that I’m on the other side of the world and the appraisal is being done in Cal.

Have a Happy 4th everyone (a post-Happy 1st to my Canadian friends)–pretty chilly in Oz.

Lisa

Re: How long should I have to what for an appraisal!? - Posted by Bart

Posted by Bart on July 05, 1999 at 08:37:02:

Three weeks on a small commercial appraisal is not normally considered too long. At my appraisal firm we get most of our new clients because we deliver our appraisals within three weeks when most other firms deliver in four to five weeks.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions.