how do you sell $1M dollar home? - Posted by honestyq

Posted by honestyq on December 23, 2000 at 19:03:34:

1. Did you feel happy or sad when you started to realize maybe this site wasn’t a hoax?
    I always thought this site was NOT a hoax, because-
    a. Individual posts were not ending in “after you buy a course by… you will find out”
    b. Some investors who post here live in my area and I’ve seen their ads.

2. Did you feel that because we talk about money and making money that we have no concern for our souls?
    No. I knew that some have concerns for their souls and that’s why there were some posts, leaning towards religion–that’s why I posted what I had posted. :-).

3. Did you feel that some how it’s not right for people who are Christians to have any other goals in there lives besides total devotion to Christ?
    No. I do not feel that, though I also feel that devotion to Christ must govern our goals.

4. Do you feel that you have done your job to spread the gospel by pointing people at a website?
    I hope all find true God. I’ve done all I could.

By the way, money CAN be a blessing from the Lord and money CAN be a curse from Satan.
–Yes, our attitude towards money does matter.

I am not trying to be mean, but I do think around this time of the year people focus on GIVING to the poor. Well, someone has to MAKE money in order to GIVE to the poor. We also need to teach them how to make bread (That is what real estate has done for many a poor person, read the archives)
-Point well taken

By the way, since you are so honest, how come you don’t use your real name?
-Did I say I am hones or did you presume I am honest? Honestyq-stands for ‘honesty question’ (in my mind, anyway, thats why I chose this name for this board). I also post on this board under my real name, where I ask stricktly RE Investing questions ;-), Is anything wrong or dishonest about that? I did the opposite of what I should have done-- use LLC for RE stuff and real name for everything else, I chose the opposite, used ‘LLC’ for ‘sermon’ and real name for RE stuff ;-).

Let me ask you a question?
If you are trying to be good towards Christmas anyway, why was my ‘sermon’ offensive? (shown by your agreement with Valdis)

Merry Christmas and I sincerely apologize for being offensive in any way,

honestyq

how do you sell $1M dollar home? - Posted by honestyq

Posted by honestyq on December 23, 2000 at 10:19:10:

Hi all,

First, thanks to all who responded (honestly) to my question below.

This may not be a good starter house for me, but how do I find a buyer for $1,000,000+ dollar home, or am I better off just forwarding contact information to a brocker I know?

On the side note, I agree that making a lot of money is a blessing from the LORD. However, money can

1. buy a house, but not a HOME,
  2. buy medicine, but not HEALTH,
  3. buy a lot of desired things, but not HAPPINESS,
  4. buy a bed, but not SLEEP,
  5. buy food, but not APPETITE…

so, true blessing from the LORD is something money cannot buy, but, the number one blessing is eternal life in heaven, paid for by death, and proven by bodily resurrection from the dead, of God-man, Jesus Christ.

If anyone wants to find true joy this Holiday season, please visit this link, and you will find God.

Merry Christmas,
Honestyq

Re: how do you sell $1M dollar home? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on December 24, 2000 at 03:27:25:

Except for the God-is-on-a-website part, I agree with Honestyq. Several people who post here have come through adversity by trusting in (their) God. His five points are indisputable, and more thought provoking than the personal difficulties of Tony Robbins. What’s the problem? Let him post.

Re: how do you sell $1M dollar home? - Posted by Lance

Posted by Lance on December 23, 2000 at 20:06:52:

Where you born a freak or did you become one over time?

Re: how do you sell $1M dollar home? - Posted by Stew(NE)

Posted by Stew(NE) on December 23, 2000 at 17:46:43:

I agree with Valdis.

I have some questions for you.

This is a site for real estate questions and not one specifically focused on religion. However, if you take the time to read some of the stuff in the archives, you will find that many of the investors here are spritual. (If you want to test your faith in a higher power, this is THE business)

But here are my questions.

1. Did you feel happy or sad when you started to realize maybe this site wasn’t a hoax?

2. Did you feel that because we talk about money and making money that we have no concern for our souls?

3. Did you feel that some how it’s not right for people who are Christians to have any other goals in there lives besides total devotion to Christ?

4. Do you feel that you have done your job to spread the gospel by pointing people at a website?

By the way, money CAN be a blessing from the Lord and money CAN be a curse from Satan.

I am not trying to be mean, but I do think around this time of the year people focus on GIVING to the poor. Well, someone has to MAKE money in order to GIVE to the poor. We also need to teach them how to make bread (That is what real estate has done for many a poor person, read the archives)

By the way, since you are so honest, how come you don’t use your real name?

Re: how do you sell $1M dollar home? - Posted by valdis kennedy

Posted by valdis kennedy on December 23, 2000 at 12:04:58:

It would seem that you have your wires crossed. I expected to maybe give you advice on how to sell your property…not to receive a sermon. Perhaps you have hit on the wrong site.