HOW DO YOU KNOW IF..... - Posted by Doe

Posted by David Alexander on March 08, 2000 at 13:33:28:

How about the fact that you will be paying retail prices instead of wholesale. If your looking for houses to L/O then you should be concentrating on motivated sellers, tired landlords, out of town owners, etc, etc.

David Alexander

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF… - Posted by Doe

Posted by Doe on March 08, 2000 at 11:58:37:

ok

HOW DO I KNOW if I am subleasing from the actual owner/seller OR someone who is looking for “their” tenant/buyer.

Another words,
how do I avoid being the 2nd subtenant if I were calling on ads that read “RENT TO OWN”

Thanx to all responses!

Doe

Check Title (nt) - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on March 08, 2000 at 12:56:19:

Ask… (nt) - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on March 08, 2000 at 12:33:57:

nt

Re: Check Title (nt) - Posted by Ben in Ohio

Posted by Ben in Ohio on March 09, 2000 at 08:18:02:

Ask? This may work.

Re: Check Title (nt) - Posted by Doe

Posted by Doe on March 08, 2000 at 13:06:28:

how would I check the title?

Would I do it b/f or after I see the property for the first time?

thanx for your reply

Re: Check Title (nt) - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on March 08, 2000 at 13:54:26:

Go to the department of Records at your county courthouse. Search for the alleged owners names in the records. Find the deed stating they are the current owner of record.

Do this after you get them signed up. You should have a clause in your contract that will allow you to get out if you find the information provided to be false.

Why would you want to waste your time looking before you know if they even want to do your deal?

And, lol, as David pointed out in his extremely in-depth post, chances are if the person you are dealing with is trying to make you their sub-tenant, you are probably not getting a good deal.

Brandi_TX