How do you bye property in the other state? - Posted by Lihi CA

Posted by dewCO on December 18, 2000 at 16:51:36:

Egads. You’re kidding. By it without seeing it, or having someone you trust and who knows how to estimate see it. And without seeing what’s next door and behind it, and all around it. You’ve to to be kidding. You could do it. But why would you want to risk it? To do it you just over night or fax a contract, same way you would if it was next door, but WHY???

How do you bye property in the other state? - Posted by Lihi CA

Posted by Lihi CA on December 18, 2000 at 13:45:40:

Hello,
Please help.
How do you bye property in the other state? I found a house in OR as is for low price. I can check what other properties were sold there for and what the rents are through Internet but is it possible to bye it without going there? I was given the list of repairs needed as front door, some floor etc. How all this can be estimated? Or I need to go there examine the property myself or with a professional?

Wanted to thank all the folks responded to my other questions. I found a source of support and inspiration here I couldn’t dream for.

Lihi

Re: How do you bye property in the other state? - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on December 19, 2000 at 11:26:39:

Dew is basically right. I write contracts all the time without seeing the property. But before I close, I want to see the property and the neighborhood myself. As for the repair costs, that is slightly different. I am not going to do the work myself and repair costs differ from one town to the next so I always get estimates from the person who will actually do the work.

Regards,

Mark