How do I start a local Investment Club?? - Posted by Jeremy Fairbanks

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on March 23, 2003 at 15:13:21:

Jeremy–(MA)------

There is a national association of real estate investment clubs. They offer training on starting and running a club. Here is their URL:

They have a list of their clubs on their site. You might be able to talk to leaders of local clubs for more personal help.

Good Investing and Good Clubbing*******Ron Starr**************

How do I start a local Investment Club?? - Posted by Jeremy Fairbanks

Posted by Jeremy Fairbanks on March 23, 2003 at 13:26:12:

I’m from central Massachusetts and I am sick of not having any local RE Investment clubs or meetings to attend. They are all either in Boston or Western MA. My question is does anyone have any experience or ideas in starting a new club. I am a licensed RE agent and a new investor so I do not have much experience but I do have the strong desire to get something like this started. Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks
~Jeremy

I’d love to work with you… - Posted by Barbara_NY

Posted by Barbara_NY on March 23, 2003 at 21:18:16:

My name is Barbara Karnes and I run the Long Island Investors Group in NY. I LOVE our organization and have seen it grow from a dream to a well thought of local resource.

We have monthly meetings with speakers, weekly meetings for specialty sub group interests, vendor resources and much much more. Our web site is in final development and will include an archive of audio interviews and on-line training presentations. We also plan to do interactive video and web conferencing.

Send me an email with your phone number and I’ll gladly give you a call this week to discuss your varied options.

We all started out where you are now and most of us who run clubs understand the importance of supporting those new to this challenge. Including National REIA (which is terrific), as referenced by another poster, there are a wealth of resources to assist you. You WILL succeed as long as you believe…

Try this for your club! - Posted by Brian,WI

Posted by Brian,WI on March 23, 2003 at 17:52:41:

Jeremy,

Since you want to start a club, that would be you would need to be the contact person. With that said, start a club!

You can post your club here on CRE as well as other real estate sites. Just put in whatever information they ask for. If a meeting date and location is requested, pick a date and time and meet at your local McDonalds(for now). Then as your club grows start looking for a new place more geared for a meeting, to meet!

After I posted our club here and on other sites, I’ve gotten a lot more people calling saying they have been looking for a club and we continue go grow. Who cares if when you first start your club has just one person…YOU! Other interested people will come out of the woodwork and join you and your club will grow!

As Ron Starr mentioned too, you can look into those other organizations for information as well. Our club is very informal, we just meet once per month and have an open round table decussion about real estate, although I’m looking into these organizations to help us grow and get more organized as well!

Good Luck

Brian,Wi