how do I initiate my conversation in this scenario - Posted by walter_IL

Posted by Terry (Houston) on April 26, 2001 at 20:04:28:

Did you have the court yet on the LeGrand option form?

Just curious if it held up.
Thanks
Terry

how do I initiate my conversation in this scenario - Posted by walter_IL

Posted by walter_IL on April 26, 2001 at 13:26:21:

Hi all,

Recently I’ve obtained a list of lis pendens from the courthouse of my county.

All I receive is the name and address. I was wondering, how do I initiate my conversation with the seller once I find their phone number? Unfortunatelly, I don’t have too much of a luck getting the sellers to call me.

Thanks in advance for all advice.
Walter_IL

Here is my stab - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on April 27, 2001 at 07:10:05:

Walter,

Jim has a good approach, but I thought I would add mine in too.

I would send the owner a letter and tell them what you do and mention that you will be coming by to talk to them. Then when you knock on the door say this"

Hi Mr/Mrs Owner, my name is Walter I am the guy who has been sending you cards and letters regarding your home. I had not heard back from you so I was in the area and thought I would just drop by. Is this a good time.

At that point, they may ask what you are talking about then go into what Jim says about the foreclosure. 9 times out of 10, they will say they have the problem licked. From there I congradulate them and apologize for bothering them. Then as you leave, ask them if it would be okay to contact them in another month or so just in case something falls through at the last minute. They will usually agree, Then get their number and call them in a month or so.

HTH,

Timmie

I’ll take stab at this one… - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on April 26, 2001 at 17:42:38:

Walter,
Hello Mr./Mrs. Homeowner, my name is Walter, and I noticed while looking at some public records that you are facing a foreclosure.
I was wondering if you were considering selling your home to avoid that?
I am looking for homes in your area, and if you are interested in selling, I may be able to help you avoid getting the devestating blow of a foreclosure on your credit report.
If you are considering selling, do you have a few moments to talk about the house, and see if there is anything I can do to help?
I want to make this clear, I am an investor, not an agent or broker of real estate, so there are no fees with my service.
I am simply looking for some homes to buy.

Try something like this, and listen to the seller for any clues as to what they NEED not WANT.
Personally, I mail things to them first, go out and talk to them second, and then call them.
I followup with letters/postcards every few weeks, just in case motivation comes later.

HTH,
Jim IL