How do I get theTitle? - Posted by Mark (OR)

Posted by jp(sc) on February 07, 2006 at 06:00:33:

In SC it is against the law for a dealer to sell without clear title. That being said, one could make a nice living selling things that don’t belong to them.

How do I get theTitle? - Posted by Mark (OR)

Posted by Mark (OR) on February 06, 2006 at 10:40:04:

I bought a mobile home for $100.00, from an out of town owner. The owners are a couple of sisters, who inherited the MH.
I sent the $100.00 to one of the sisters, then proceeded to fix up & sell the MH. I sold it for $9500.00, $1000.00 down & $200.00 per month.
My problem is, I still do not have the title. One of the sisiters lives in Oregon, and the other lives in Virginia. I have contacted the sister in Oregon a few times, and she claims the sister in Virginia has not returned the signed copy.
My question is: How do I get title, if I can not get it from the sisters? I have a bill of sale…signed by both.
Who is responsible for the taxes during this time? I have yet to see a tax bill.

Thanks,

Mark (OR)

Re: How do I get theTitle? - Posted by jp(sc)

Posted by jp(sc) on February 06, 2006 at 19:20:37:

I have some interesting bridges that you might be interested in…

Re: How do I get theTitle? - Posted by Mark (OR)

Posted by Mark (OR) on February 07, 2006 at 24:50:20:

I guess you missed the part where I paid $100.00 and have collected to date over $3600.00 in deposits & payments. If your bridges payoff that well, I’m buying.
I’m not worried about the title until someone wants to cash me out. When, or if, that happens.

Re: How do I get theTitle? - Posted by Anne_LLC

Posted by Anne_LLC on February 07, 2006 at 08:35:04:

I think that jp’s point is that when this house pays off you’ll have to give all that money BACK if you don’t have the title.

And where did you get the idea that NONE of your Lonnie deals pay off?

Anne