How do I find partner type person - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Steve W (WA) on April 21, 2002 at 09:59:03:

posted and then saw my post title: “NO!!!”
Did not mean to come across like that

How do I find partner type person - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on April 19, 2002 at 18:38:34:

w/ time and no money to partner with? I love the idea of the Lonnie deals, and have one now, but simply don’t have the time to search for homes, rehab, show them, etc… I can sell em’, finance em’ and do all the legal paperwork, but in my area of Coshocton, Newark, Zanesville,Millersburg, New Philly Ohio, it takes a heck of a lot of time to find a deal. Should I place an ad for a salesperson? Or is placing an ad for an independent contractor or partner better? I need someone with the smarts to recognize a good deal and the ability to work w/ PM’s, movers, contractors etc… Should I look for someone who works for $20,000.00 a year in a bank or finance company and wants to better themselves? Any of you out there that have helped others get going, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn Dostie

Re: How do I find partner type person - Posted by Bob [IN]

Posted by Bob [IN] on April 22, 2002 at 09:37:11:

Shawn,
Do you know of any friends/family in the area that has a younger son/daughter that would be interested in doing this? I am not in the same situation as you, but I do know some friends with kids that have gotten out of high school, are not pursuing college, and are in the dreaded J.O.B. Sometimes these “kids” are really go-getters, but lack financial resources that you may provide. Some sort of partnership, and teaching them how they can learn a niche that can pay them more than the “burger flipping” could be very appealing to them. Good luck!

Re: How do I find partner type person - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on April 21, 2002 at 12:23:58:

if you have extra money laying around collecting dust just let me know. ill be more than happy to put it to work for you. im sure everyone else on this board would do the same. just write me a check and watch me go, how big of a check are we talknig about here?

is it enough for me to maybe leave the country on??? just kidding, but you shouldnt have any trouble at all finding willing people to use yuor money in their deals.

if you cant find one, ill take anything that you have extra. im sure my accountant will appreciate the donation.

ATTN: N00BS - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Steve W (WA) on April 20, 2002 at 09:33:31:

Sounds to me, Shawn is not looking for an investor,

HE IS ONE

and he is looking for someone like many of the people around here. He needs someone with time and no money.

Good gravy, how many posts have I read inthe last couple of weeks from someone who is asking for a money source? “I have bad credit and no money, but I am really psyched to do Lonnie deals!!”

Hey, call Shawn!

Is my read wrong on this?

Re: How do I find partner type person - Posted by Ernest Tew

Posted by Ernest Tew on April 20, 2002 at 08:30:04:

Investors can be found everywhere?at seminars, investment clubs, social clubs, real estate meetings, your church, and among friends, relatives and co-workers. Keep in mind that your prospective investor will be more concerned about the risk of losing their money than how much profit they will make. Suggesting a return that is too high will not only cut into your profits?it may scare away your investor. While it isn?t always true, most people believe that the greater the return, the greater the risk.

A good place to start is to get the investor to make a small loan at a slightly higher rate of interest?in the area 10% to 14%. You could give them a promissory note, secured by a first lien on the mobile home. The note makes you personally liable for the debt and the lien on the home provides collateral security. When the investor is simply making you a loan and is not the owner of the mobile home, they have no liability in the event of a lawsuit involving the home.

Somewhere over the rainbow… - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on April 19, 2002 at 23:06:53:

Follow this thread and the links in it…

http://www.creonline.com/mobilehomes/wwwboard4/messages/14967.html

Re: How do I find partner type person - Posted by debra rayner

Posted by debra rayner on January 17, 2004 at 12:38:39:

I am looking for someone who has 15 thousand dollars to loan me to pay remittance fees to receive 28 million dollars from a bank in spain. I am willing to triple your investment within 1 week no later than 4 weeks. Not sure how much paperwork is involved. But I dont have to have cash, just an electronic transfer into my account in spain to cover the remittance fees.
I have inherited 28500000.00 us dollars, but must pay the fees first to have access to my funds.
Please help me if you can.

Re: How do I find partner type person - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on April 21, 2002 at 14:29:44:

Just for clarification, I don’t have tons of money sitting around, but the returns from a lonnie deal sure beats what I can get from a savings account, CD, or whatnot. If I had tons of cash I’d buy a MH park and a large apartment complex. I do have some cash and excellent recources, plus have the financial knowledge to make a serious run. What I am lacking is time. Therefore I was trolling for someone who might like an opportunity to make some long term cashflow for their time and effort. Yes I would teach someone, as well as learn from them for a considerable piece of the pie. I am not interested in lending money to any one idividual, unless they’re buying one of my homes. I also want someone in my geographical area (control issues). But I did not want this to seem like a classified ad for fear of it being removed from this board and because, as I stated in my original post, I think that I might not be alone in my position. I thought that someone could give me some specifics on what profile to look for in a working relationship. I’ve never been the one with the capital before. I truly appreciate th SINCERE posts to this message, and hope everyone has the returns they are going for in their real estate endeavors.

Sincerely,
Shawn Dostie

Re: ATTN: N00BS - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on April 21, 2002 at 14:31:19:

Thanks for the post. You are right on the money!

Thanks,
Shawn

Settle down Steve - Posted by Jacque - WA

Posted by Jacque - WA on April 20, 2002 at 11:15:45:

This was a little rough, don’t you think.

Jacque - WA

The Scarecrow ran off with the TinMan… - Posted by Chuck

Posted by Chuck on April 21, 2002 at 12:59:34:

Apparently the smart approach is falling on deaf ears again… everyone keeps trying to find this man a partner, when what he needs is a injection of common sense.

Do you really want a partner that you have to teach, manage, and pay a portion of the profits to Shawn? or do you just want the profits one can hopefully bring you?

Read the “rainbow” post.

Re: How do I find partner type person - Posted by Brad

Posted by Brad on April 24, 2002 at 09:14:31:

have you solved your problem yet. unless you are so overloaded at work that you cant go for a sunday drive your not too buisy to get started. once you get the rapport that you need with the park managers they will call you and GIVE you deals. these are your partners and they are free for the fee. I know didn’t make sence but think about it this way, if you create a partner in the long run you are creating competition. 200 bucks to a pm will keep them calling. they will think you are ritch, crazy, or lucky. they will also wish they knew how to do what you do. keep your buisness private or it will become everyones buisness. i am not saying not to ask for advise or lie. every time people learn what i do, they feel they are entitled to a huge discount. the truth about it is this though if you do not get out there and do some deals yourself then you will cost yourself. you will lack the necessary knowlage to do the deals

No - Posted by Steve W (WA)

Posted by Steve W (WA) on April 21, 2002 at 02:00:26:

I just thought that this would bear identification as the OTHER side of the house, so to speak.

Hope to not for offend, for I am in having the intentions of the best.

Get that?

Re: How do I find partner type person - Posted by Shawn Dostie

Posted by Shawn Dostie on April 24, 2002 at 22:33:48:

I appreciate the input, and what you say is true. There are many here that have great ideas, but not all ideas are going to work for everyone. I think that I have the neccessary tools to succeed in this business. What I also believe in is balance. I already work approx. 60-70 hrs per week at my car lot. I have a 4 and 5 yr old at home, I also have 6 rental properties. Plus, I sing Barbershop and Gospel music in my spare time. I do need help. Zig Ziglar say’s if you help enough people get what they want, they will help you get what you want. I also know that I would rather have 1% of what 100 other people can do than 100% of what I can do. Please don’t tell me I am not motivated to work. I’ve been going strong since 7 am and it’s now 11:26 pm and I’m here studying material.

Good Luck Everyone
Shawn Dostie