How do I find CASH Buyers - Posted by Jim IL.

Posted by PBoone on December 15, 1998 at 09:53:04:

We are a cash buyer in Portland OR, when approaching someone like us we expect to purchase @ 50%fmv unless some concessions are in place such as owner carry short term second mortgage. Wish you were here for birddogging.
Pat

How do I find CASH Buyers - Posted by Jim IL.

Posted by Jim IL. on December 15, 1998 at 24:19:23:

Hello again,
I have another question. I have read and asked questions here for weeks. I have decided that “wholesaling” is what I’d like to do. I went to all the local, and some not so local papers seeking the “I buy Houses” people. I found one such ad. I called it several times, and have left numerous messages. No REPLY at all!
Where can I find these people. They have to exist in my area. They are everywhere right?
Should I run an ad of my own? and if so, what should it say?
Something like, ;
Investors wanted call 555-5555
or
Houses for sale Wholesale call 555-5555
I’m really at a loss here. I know thatI can find homes below market value, say 70-75% of value. I just need someone to “flip” or “assign” to.
I did one, but it wasn’t an investor, just a fmaily member looking for ONE rental, no more.
Any advice here, or guidnace would be appreciated. I don’t want to own a bunch of rentals, just make some CASH. And then maybe later keep some properties. Right now, I don’t have time to manage any.
Thanks and Merry Christmas to all,
Jim

Re: How do I find CASH Buyers - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 15, 1998 at 21:07:04:

Check the public records and see who is currently buying the fixer-uppers. If you can find a certain individual or company that is consitently buying bank repos or HUD houses, then YOU might be able to market to them as well.

Re: How do I find CASH Buyers - Posted by Doug

Posted by Doug on December 15, 1998 at 02:43:47:

i would seek out Investors to buy properties in local RealEstate Investment Groups and Landlord associations… Also landlord Associations usually have newsletters they distribute to there members…getting an ad in one of those newsletters could provide a nice return of calls… As far as the ad you have some good ideas yourself listed use them and see how it goes…If you dont get any replies within 30 days change the add around…
Douglas Timko
notes4sale@yahoo.com