House must be listed before short sale?? - Posted by indybuysell.com

Posted by rm on May 10, 2004 at 20:03:54:

Glad to help.

Good luck.

House must be listed before short sale?? - Posted by indybuysell.com

Posted by indybuysell.com on May 10, 2004 at 11:00:29:

Well I was finally able to get through to Chase Manhattan and was talking to a Loss Mitigation rep who told me that the house must be listed- that is a fair attempt to sell retail must be made before they’ll entertain a short sale.

Has anyone else ran into this?? Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Re: House must be listed before short sale?? - Posted by rm

Posted by rm on May 10, 2004 at 13:35:37:

Nonsense.

I’ve heard this kind of thing before and always responded that there’s not enough time to list it for sale.

Never had a problem blowing off that requirement.

Re: House must be listed before short sale?? - Posted by TheShortSalePro

Posted by TheShortSalePro on May 10, 2004 at 11:53:03:

Your short sale “team” should include a real estate broker willing to list your referrals at their as-is, FMV,with applicable restrictive short sale contingencies, and help you get into contract with the Seller… The real estate broker should also be able to help provide supportive comps, and prepare a letter in support of a mortgagee approved, preforeclosure short sale.

Re: House must be listed before short sale?? - Posted by indybuysell.com

Posted by indybuysell.com on May 10, 2004 at 14:28:04:

Fantastic! was hoping someone had worked around that. Got the “application” today which outlines what Chase needs in order to consider a short. Will be meeting with the homeowners again soon to put together the package. Will use your ‘need for speed’ message in order to push it through as well as have the owners mention that in their letter.

Thanks so much!