Home Owner...Need advice !!! bad deal - Posted by Art

Posted by LeonNC on October 14, 2003 at 07:17:14:

The only person I see having done anything wrong in your situation is the seller of your new house. I’m not a realtor and don’t trust most of them. But, you have NO reason to be blaming the realtor in this case as he/she did nothing wrong. If you want to blame or go after someone legally it should be the seller who didn’t follow through with thier part of the bargin.

You might want to find out the reason why your seller decided to raise the price all of a sudden. Your realtor had no business telling the seller of your situation and you might want to tell him/her that if you think that’s the case. Then again maybe the seller just got scared and needed a way to back out. Talk to a lawyer if it means that much to you.


Home Owner…Need advice !!! bad deal - Posted by Art

Posted by Art on October 14, 2003 at 01:42:29:

Hi thanks for youre advice in advance.
i feel that my agent did something wrong, and now I end out with no house…here is what happend

1.-he was going to sell my house…
2.-then get me another house…

the escrow he told me the escrow closed on my house, but that we had to wait for my future house escrow to
.but the seller change his mind and wanted 25.000 more. so I refuse and the deal went bad, and the agent let them out and just told me that I have 4 weeks to move out of the house…I guess rent or something…and wait for him to find me a new house…

is there something I can do legally to stay on my house, longer at least. just feel abuse he did not complet the deal…can I ask him to pay my rent till he finds me a house…???
ooo and he offer to sell me his own house…saying that I can just asum the loan and keep paying but I cant afford the payment is a $ 300.000.home
My Questions Are

can I stay in my house in any legal way?
he did not clomplet the deal, he didnt got me a house

2.-Can i force him to pay my rent while I’m waiting for him to get me a house?

is there a way to get out of this?

Re: Home Owner…Need advice !!! bad deal - Posted by Nancy PA --CA

Posted by Nancy PA --CA on October 14, 2003 at 21:35:00:

You need to go after seller, in PA, you can sue the seller for the damage caused to you due to breaking the deal.
Make sure the title company returns your deposite to you.
If your realtor does not try to protect your interest and help you get your deposit back, sent a complaint to the Real Estate commission against that realtor, there are funds available to pay damages done to clients. There’s a reason why realtors carry insurance. There’s a time frame you must file the complaint, so don’t wait. Keep all documents…
Good luck!

Also, I know there are many bad realtors, but I’ve seen some really good ones too. I’m trying to become a realtor once I move to CA, will work towards becoming a good and honest one.

Re: Home Owner…Need advice !!! bad deal - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on October 14, 2003 at 11:15:27:

I think you have a communication problem. The sales contract with the seller is between you and the seller. The REALTOR® is not involved and can?t release anybody from anything. Sans any contingencies, you have a binding contract. Any complaint filed would be against the seller.

Is there anything about ?use and occupancy? in the contract with the buyer of your house? You can stay in your house until you are legally evicted. It may not enhance your reputation with your buyer, but few in your community will know of the proceedings until after you are gone. Find a new house quickly.

Re: Home Owner…Need advice !!! bad deal - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on October 14, 2003 at 08:27:55:

Sorry to hear about your housing troubles. You need to get a lawyer to address the situation regarding the seller of the house you are trying to buy. Did the seller sign a contract to sell and then changed his mind?

Also, agents aren’t typically responsible for getting you a house. They are only responsible for the contracts for their listing. So, he was responsible for selling your house. And acting as your agent to purchase a new one (and perhaps as the agent for seller as well?). But you didn’t have a contract with the agent that stated he would get you a house, did you? I doubt you can force him to pay your rent. Or anything else.

Get yourself a lawyer asap. Sincerely, Kristine

Re: Home Owner…Need advice !!! bad deal - Posted by Kevin Hamilton

Posted by Kevin Hamilton on October 14, 2003 at 08:18:22:

The other people are right about one thing… GET A LAWYER… but it is the realtor you need to go after. He is dishonest, and a crook. Any realtor worth his salt would know that no seller could raise his price after the house was already under contract… and the fact that he is offering to sell you his own house shows a definite conflict of interest. This realtor needs have his license revoked but good.

Re: Home Owner…Need advice !!! bad deal - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on October 14, 2003 at 06:18:35:

This would be time to get a lawyer involved. If you had a contract with the seller and there weren’t any furhter conditions, then the seller can’t just change the terms/price.

As to staying in your own house - if the buyer doesn’t want you to do that, then you will have to get out. Otherwise you’d be doing something similar to your seller: changing the terms after everything was agreed upon.

Sit down with a lawyer, if you don’t have the funds, then call the bar assoc. in your state and have them refer someone. That way the lawyer normally only charges $ 35-50 for the initial consultation.

Good luck