Hold a real estate auction to sell house? - Posted by emmanuel

Posted by David Krulac on May 17, 2006 at 07:02:42:

by William Effros. Check out my review of that book on amazon

Hold a real estate auction to sell house? - Posted by emmanuel

Posted by emmanuel on May 15, 2006 at 21:20:43:

After renovating an investment property, I placed the house up for sale about 3 months ago. I listed it on the mls and received quite a bit of traffic, but no serious offers. The homes in my area have been staying on the market 4-5 months and the supply of homes up for sale is steadily increasing as the Spring season wears on. As this is an investment property, my ability to sell quickly will affect my return on investment. Thus, I?ve been thinking about holding a real estate auction using a professional real estate auctioneer company (i.e. Max Spann or Traiman)I figured if I set a secret reserve price I should be okay with the final sales price. What do you guys think? Anyone had any success or failure with any auction companies? Keep in mind these details.

1)I have been paying the mortgage now for a total of 8 months

2)I am the listing agent for the property and as result neither I or my broker would have a problem yanking the property off the MLS at anytime, and holding an auction instead.

5 Day Auction book - anyone know the name? - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on May 17, 2006 at 06:47:01:

There is a book whose title I do not remember. Folks here will sometimes refer to it. There are past posts about how well it worked for people.

The title is something like “5 Day Auction to Sell a House”. That is not even close to the real title but is how people refer to it. Maybe someone can provide a specific reference. Any takers?

John Corey