Help!! What to do with... - Posted by Kevin(OK)

Posted by JimIL on January 05, 1999 at 16:16:45:

You may be able to “skip trace” on your own these people. Try doing some searches right here on the web.
Goto “The Ultimate White pages” (URL below) and enter the state and last name first. alter your search as needed. you may even be able to find numbers for neighbors who often times volunterr info, all you have to do is ask. You can search all the malor directories for listings of these people. you may find the actual person or a relative. And sometimes an old phone number will refer you to the new number, if it is listed. Once you have a phone number, you should be able to “reverse” directory the number and get an address. this can also be done at “The Ultimate White Pages” site.
If this does not work, try calling utility companies. they always have the correct addresses and contact info, because otherwise they don’t get paid.
I am a P.I. and use these techniques daily to find people. It does not always work, but often enough for me to keep doing it. It is FREE!
If you need any other “pointers” e-mail me, and I’ll be glad to show you some choice web sites for that purpose.

Hope this helps,

Help!! What to do with… - Posted by Kevin(OK)

Posted by Kevin(OK) on January 05, 1999 at 12:34:55:

…returned mail? I have a stack of returned post cards that I am not sure what to do with. Some say “not deliverable as addressed” others say “moved, left no forwarding address” and still others have stuff scribbled on them that I have no idea of. I have the feeling that I need to pursue these more than ever, but I just don’t know where to go from here. Should I pay to have a skip trace done? Are these effective? The addresses that I used were on file at the CH, so these people are not getting mail from the county either. One of the owners is in foreclosure, last known address is in Washington State, HELP!!



P.S. Postage stamps go up to $.33 this weekend, however post cards do not go up. YES!!

Re: Help!! What to do with… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 05, 1999 at 18:42:19:

  1. When a foreclosure is commenced, federal due process law require the defendant to be served a summons or notice of some kind. Check the foreclosure file and see if the lender has found their address. Many times they have already had the skip trace done so the lender could serve the papers on the defendant.

  2. Ask or bribe one of the neighbors. Tell them “If you can give me a forwarding address or phone number I will give you $50-100.”

my .02