Help - Posted by Ted

Posted by David on December 06, 2003 at 06:34:13:

turn it over to a collection agency, they are experts at finding dead beats.

Help - Posted by Ted

Posted by Ted on December 06, 2003 at 06:14:12:

I received a judgement on some former tenants(deadbeats) which I am now trying to garnish. The problem is that neither of them are working at the same place as they were when they applied. I have their social security numbers but I do not know where they work or live. Any help in how I can find out where they are employed would be wonderful.

Depends on the kind of deadbeat - Posted by Gavin Wilkinson

Posted by Gavin Wilkinson on December 06, 2003 at 11:27:29:

Are your deadbeats young or old?

I find young deadbeats might pay off. Put the judgement and all your info in a file and put it away for 2-3 years. Then check up on where the deadbeats are. Most young deadbeats grow up in time, get married and have a family. When you trace them in a few years, they have gotten a job and now have the ability to pay.

On the other hand, if they are hard core deadbeats, with the following characteristics, complain about everything, never hold a job, collect government handouts, don’t have a bank account, have been on the deadbeat path for more than 5 years, then your chances are slim. They have become deadbeats for their career choice and will probably allways be deadbeats.

Re: Help - Posted by Bess

Posted by Bess on December 06, 2003 at 09:05:58:

Send it to a collection agency and don’t waste your time, because you will send more time and money trying to collect then what you are owed. Call your accountant and take it off your tax you may be able to get the full amonut in tax write off.

Re: Help - Posted by Sean

Posted by Sean on December 06, 2003 at 07:57:11:

Call a skip tracer/Private investigator, they should be able to most likely find them easily and relatively inexpensively with a simple database search. Or as David suggested, an collection agency is also a good choice.