Help Me Find Owner Please...... - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on March 05, 2003 at 15:30:47:

John,

Yes, I did check those things out. I wouldn’t be looking for the person if the property was over encumbered, but thanks for the heads up.
Kristy-AZ

Help Me Find Owner Please… - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on March 04, 2003 at 20:18:57:

Hi everyone,

I found an owner in foreclosure, however, they were renting the property and the tenants were moving out. Tenants said they have been trying to contact the owner for months to inform her that they were moving out.

Tenants have been sending their checks to an address in California, but thinks the owner is in Italy. I have searched on searchbug.com, ancesry.com and even tried the Alameda county records on line. It showed the address that the checks are going to as a SFR, but no name is on any of the information, just tax info.

Can someone please help me locate this owner or guide in the right direction? Should I pay to have this person found?
any help would be greatly appreicated. I know this group is the best place for networking.

Thanks in advance.

Kristy-AZ

Re: Help Me Find Owner Please… - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on March 04, 2003 at 23:20:54:

Kristy–(AZ)----------

I don’t understand, the owners name does not show up in the online assessment roll? Well, we have a subscription to CD-DATA’s ParcelQuest on line. so I can easily look up the assessment roll on that.

Just e-mail the address to tigerinpa@yahoo.com and I’ll get the name for you. I live in Alameda County.

Good InvestingRon Starr**

Re: Help Me Find Owner Please… - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on March 04, 2003 at 21:33:22:

If the house is going to forclosure, I bet that guy isn’t opening unknown mail at this point due to bill collectors, etc.

Re: I would try certified mail - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on March 04, 2003 at 20:57:18:

with a return recipt requested, for starters. The rent check is going somewhere so start there.

Re: I would try certified mail - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on March 04, 2003 at 21:38:26:

Thanks Ed, I’ll try that. But I already know what address the rent check are going to. It’s in California. I just don’t know WHO is receiving them??

Kristy-AZ

Re: I would try certified mail - Posted by John H.

Posted by John H. on March 05, 2003 at 09:38:34:

Kristy -

BTW, have you checked county records for judgements, liens, fed tax liens, back property taxes, etc. against this property? Might be the the numbers add up to a big goose egg.

John H.

Re: I would try certified mail - Posted by John H.

Posted by John H. on March 05, 2003 at 09:31:26:

Kristy-

Perhaps see what is on the back of the cancelled check, if the renters will cooperate.

Maybe try Accurint? Haven’t used it myself, but it might help. It might come down to a skip tracer though, I don’t know if US Customs lets ordinary people know if “Elvis has left the building”, so to speak.

John H.